The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > High Court Over Rules ASIO/Government?

High Court Over Rules ASIO/Government?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
SPQR valid concern, maybe we should change the laws.
And as on this occasion it is likely the detainee is Tamil Tiger, we could well send him/her home.
A regional solution, should have in its final charter a rule letting such folk, EVERY TIME when arriving without papers, to be returned.
We should make it an offense to arrive without papers in almost every case.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 11:41:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SPQ
Nobody was 'trying to sidetrack' the issue. It is the issue as Belly had asked the question as to who is running the country. Fact is we do have separation of powers for a good reason.
Posted by pelican, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 2:48:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not again Arjay, please.

>>Google Barnaby is Right and explain how our banks can have a $15 trillion derivative exposure with only $2.66 trillion in assets of which many are loans based on inflated property values?<<

As I have said, many times before, our banks do not have a $15 trillion derivative exposure.

Let me say it more slowly, so that you can keep up.

Our

Banks

Do

Not

Have

a

$15 trillion

Derivative

Exposure.

Maybe you find it easier to understand if I said it backwards.

Exposure derivative $15 trillion a have not do banks our.

French?

Nos banques n'ont pas d'exposition aux produits bancaires dérivés.

Please, let me know how I can phrase this simple fact in a way that you can understand.

To refresh your memory, I explained it to you this way, last time you made the very same error:

You are a bookie at the races. You take a trillion bucks at even money for the horse "My Nag" to win. You take another trillion from punters betting on the other horses in the race to win. "My Nag" wins. How much is left in the bookie's satchel?

According to the arithmetic used by both you and Barnaby, there should be two trillion dollars floating around somewhere.

But there isn't, is there? Where can it possibly have gone?

Sadly, the same level of credibility attaches to all the other guff you write. Perhaps if you managed to get just one thing right, more people would listen.

Fat chance, though, eh?
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 5:06:51 PM
So who do we believe Pericles,you or Barnaby Joyce? Even if their ie(our banks) deivative exposure is $ 1 trillion we are all in big trouble.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 6:23:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pelican ,

<< Nobody was 'trying to sidetrack' the issue…>>

Yes you were Pelican, you can’t pull the wool over my eyes.
I was looking through your webcam this morning when you wrote in your diary: “My dastardly deed for today will be to sidetrack Belly’s thread”
And I was waiting for yah.
Posted by SPQR, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 6:37:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy