The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Please Explain?

Please Explain?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/sometimes-it-takes-a-troll-to-know-one-20120913-25v40.html
I think this link is food for thought, for all of us.
We are seeing more abuse less fact, more heated views not even linked to truth.
And yes open abuse instead of debate
Posted by Belly, Friday, 14 September 2012 4:41:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wobbs, you have also extended what I said, as Pericles and Bugs did.

Once again for the illiterate, my factual and valid thumbnail calculation of dividing our COMMONWEALTH GOVERNMENT debt by the number of citizens in this nation is credible, simple as that and no spin can alter that fact.

The GROSS NATIONAL DEBT, the one that includes consumer and private sector debt is not is not in my calculation. That figure is the 1 trillion that I mentioned, not the 200 billion that encompasses our GOVERNMENT DEBT. There is a difference between billion and trillion, the difference is a load of zero’s, much like the zero’s that have responded with rubbish spin and deflection to my post.

Belly thank you for exhibiting the spin and deflection that deaf dumb and blind Labor acolytes throw up when facts do not suit their position. What has a radio host got to do with the numbers I portrayed? Bugger all came the reply.

Belly I supply numbers and you supply spin and dribble. Pericles attempted to supply numbers but failed miserably in understanding the premise, so the numbers were useless.

Belly if you are going to call me troll, just do it. Your pathetic passive aggressive style of linking my words to those of a radio journo that does not barrack for your team is gutless and girly. I wrote this not Hadley and I use figures not descriptive to qualify my views.

Belly it is not my fault we have the highest GOVERNMENT DEBT since federation. I did not go to parliament and raise the amount of funds that the COMMONWEALTH GOVERNMENT can legally borrow…..LABOR DID.

All of the regurgitating Labor cronies on OLO do not have a clue, bereft of reality; you make it up as you go along. I am not a troll Belly, but you are a simple soul and your illustrious career as a Unionist stands right alongside the hallowed names of other peoples representatives of the union movement such as…..CRAIG THOMPSON…….Belly that is trolling, adding slurs without factual content .
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 14 September 2012 8:24:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
sonofgloin,

What's "factual" in regard to your mention of Craig Thomson?

Can you outline the charges brought against him?

I presume you're going on "allegations" and the findings of the discredited FWA "investigation".
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 14 September 2012 8:50:27 AM
Nice try sonofgloin, but that doesn't wash.

Because if you say "The GROSS NATIONAL DEBT, the one that includes consumer and private sector debt is not is not in my calculation", and that you do not calculate the total national debt, just the government debt, and assuming that it is actually 200billion (it is calculated to be less than that), then the distributed debt is less than 10K per person, not 90K.

Your maths is dodgy mate.

Admittedly, there may have been no net government debt in 2007, so what may have happened in 2008 that made it turn around? Oh right, it was the election, not the near total effing meltdown of the global financial system. You know, the one that forced the Bush administration to start the TARP bailout fund at USD700billion.

No, of course that would be silly, it must have been the election, those lefties don't know how to handle money or do maths do they?
Posted by Bugsy, Friday, 14 September 2012 9:09:26 AM
I think that might be your personal best, sonofgloin, in terms of tap-dancing.

Let me refresh your memory:

>>OUR TOTAL NATIONAL DEBT IS A RECORD 1 TRILLION DOLLARS.
Five years ago every man woman and child in Australia was in credit to the tune of .93 cents each.<<

These were consecutive sentences in your opening post. If you were not attempting to compare the two, what was the point of the juxtaposition?

Then there was this:

>>With Australia’s debt running up to $200 BILLION every man woman and child now owes $91K<<

There are 22 million people in Australia.

$200 billion, divided by 22 million is... oh dear.

I think you might need a new calculator, sonofgloin.

So please, spare us the lectures on "left-wing" mathematics...

>>All of the regurgitating Labor cronies on OLO do not have a clue, bereft of reality; you make it up as you go along...<<

Bereft of reality eh?

Have a great day. And find a ten-year-old somewhere to help you work your calculator. They probably also have some crayons you could use.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 14 September 2012 9:50:59 AM
"..not the near total effing meltdown of the global financial system..."

Precisely!

Although it's something conveniently overlooked by partisan political commenters.

And what's more telling is that it was the private sector that brought us low - which was consequently bailed out by government. Added to that the billions pumped into the market by governments around the world when things first got jittery.

Australia under Rudd might have been able to provide a better organised stimulus, however, the debt racked up is what saved us from sliding into the same situation as much of Europe and the US.

Btw, America is at it again.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-14/us-federal-reserve-ups-stimulus-spend/4260662

And this is why -

Last November their government debt hit 15 trillion (big news at the time). It's now over 16 trillion and rising - athough I note the debt clock has a new category called "US public debt subject to limit" which is just under 16 trillion - not for long. Gross US debt is up 3 trillion to just under 57 trillion in the same time frame.
http://usdebtclock.org
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 14 September 2012 10:02:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy