The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Drug testing for the dole

Drug testing for the dole

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
This subject has raised it's head again, but this time there may well be some action.

I say BRARVO, about time, and I hope they also introduce quarantine measures as well to protect our money.

After all, being on unemployment benefits means 'actively seeking work' and, given more and more workplaces have anti drug/alcohol policies, anyone on these benefits should be fit for work, and being on drugs, is hardly what one could describe as fit for work.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 29 August 2012 6:36:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh FFS.

Oh yes, let's 'protect' 'our' money by forcing anyone who is addicted to drugs and out of work to find alternative sources of income.

Great plan genius, I hope you have good security screens.
Posted by Bugsy, Wednesday, 29 August 2012 7:17:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub,

Was it you who was in favor of the North Queensland work camp for people on newstart a couple of months back? If so I can see where you are coming from.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 29 August 2012 11:01:41 AM
Addicted to drugs is a problem, but, being paid benefits, while not being ready and able for work, is just plain wrong.

Remember the definition of unemployment benefits, actively seeking work.

Take drugs if they choose, but don't expect the tax payer to support the habit.

BTW, I seriously doubt the dole would buy sufficient drugs to support an ADDICTIVE habit.

So where do you think the money comes from?
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 29 August 2012 11:04:34 AM
rehctub,

Bugsy is spot on.

What exactly do you think will happen if society tosses these people on the dump?

You seem blind to the fact that our society is relatively prosperous and peaceful "because" it's an inclusive society - a social democracy.

And are we going to be testing for that state-sanctioned drug "alcohol" at the same time?
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 29 August 2012 11:08:25 AM
Rehctub and Bugsy I am a recipient of unemployment benefits and have been since being made redundant on 10 October 2009 apart from 5 weeks work earlier this year when I acquired a new job which lasted 5 weeks then the entire shift was made redundant so I was back on benefits again.
I do not partake in drugs nor do I drink alcohole if I have any vises at all it is legal cigarettes.
I continually apply for positions of employment with little success, most of my applications not even replied to.
There are less jobs now than there was many years ago and a lot more people unemployed with more redundancies happening almost daily.
Throughout my working life I have always been in employment prior to October 2009.
I am now 63 years of age and this is proving to be a handicap in finding employment also my motor car packed it in so I am reliant on public transport and is proving to be another handicap plus I live in a remote area with poor inadicate transport another handicap.
Each week is a struggle just to survive and I have a slogan which is
NO JOB NO CAR AND SOON NO HOME
Posted by gypsy, Wednesday, 29 August 2012 11:10:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy