The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sick of Labor, sick of Liberals,sick of Greens

Sick of Labor, sick of Liberals,sick of Greens

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Dear Anthonyve,

I watched Monday's "Q and A," and saw Malcolm
Turnbull's eloquent performance. He would indeed
make a first class PM. The man is an excellent
communicator, has intelligence, shrewdness,
and economic nous. All the qualities Australia
needs. What a difference between him and Mr Abbott
(or should I say - Baaabbit - baa, baa, baa, baa).

I'm still of the hope that the Liberal Party will
have a change of leadership before the next election.
However they may need a bazooka to move them out of their
complacency. The front benchers are probably fearful for
their jobs if Turnbull ever gets in. He may just replace
the current dead-wood.
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 1:58:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interestingly, Lexi, as we know, some people have "leadership" written all over them and some don't. I would always have put Abbott in the "some don't" box. I can't imagine that Turnbull reversed his decision to get out of politics on a whim, nor do I think that he did it in order to play second, third or fourth fiddle to a man like Abbott. (Notwithstanding his decision to stick around was probably prompted in some degree by Rudd's backdown on the ETS, which was very galling because Turnbull was ousted from the Lib leaership because of his support for it)

In any case, I would think Turnbull would have a shot at the leadership sometime before the next election.....we'll have to wait and see.
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 2:12:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poirot, Anty, Lexi, you are all obviously praying that that fool Turnbull does get a chance at leadership of the Libs, because you know that is Labors only hope.

Having seen what a lefty fool, in Lib sheep's clothing he is, the only thing that could stop a coalition government when we next vote would be if Turnbull was back as their leader. Why is he in the wrong party? If he were with you lot he'd be able to show his true colours & we would all be better off.

Well all perhaps Julia & Turnbull himself. He'd obviously sweep the floor with her, but how do you reckon he'd look with a large knife sticking out of his back?

No thinking Lib could vote for the party if led by him. What perhaps most of you don't realise is, that there are very few rusted on Liberal voters, in the way that all of you, & Belly are rusted on Labor voters.

I & every one I know will dump them quick time, if their policies, or their actions stray too far from their policies. We will dump them for stupidity, as displayed by Turnbull, with global warming. Was it stupidity, or just a get rich carbon trading system he wanted? What ever, he is untrustworthy.

Ludwig, I really doubt I will live long enough to vote Labor again, & I would have to be senile to do it, [yes all right]. I think I have a lot of mates who feel the same way. They are just too tricky. Even Richo has dumped them, & he's tricky enough. So no mate, we'll have to put the effort into convincing the Libs that a low immigration policy is in their best interest.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 4:16:42 PM
snake>> Someone once said that we get what we deserve, or something similar. Most people have a short term horizon and vote for the person who gives them the most...... someone else always pays<<

Snake an oldie but a goodie as truisms go and a point worth reflecting on. Perhaps I am expecting too much from the Gen X’s that predominantly fill our parliaments.

Snake you have made me consider the Gen Xers. That the Gen Xers were born in the 60’s and 70’s, a time of full employment, into households that could feed the family and have little treats and social pleasures. Then spent their teens or early adulthood in the corporate driven “make a buck at any cost” 80’s where finance was available if you had a pulse. During this decade many middle class Australians bettered themselves and their family’s standard of living far beyond the expectations of previous generations.

The 90’s found Gen X in their thirties and the proliferation of technology both in the products available and the ease to purchase saw consumerism boom. Within reason, if you wanted it you could get it. The baby boomers lived these years as well but I think the vague memories of living in a household where being frugal and planning for tomorrow which was our parents mindset imprinted on us. The boomers parents lived through really tough times in their formative years that had one or two world wars and one global depression in them.

Perhaps I am asking the impossible. Perhaps governance “for” the people rather than “of” the people only comes from a generation that had seen what real sheiser is like, close up.

Luddy it comes down to policy and the DLP say the things that I think are reasonable and Australian focused.
Lexi my belle, you are my queen.
Anthony, Turnbull scares me, such an elitist, let them eat cake, sort of thing.
Thanks Arjay.
Jay, these people talk some sense, anyone who can see Hockey for what he is can’t be too short sighted.
Still luv u Belly.
Posted by sonofgloin, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 5:00:18 PM
Hasbeen>> Even Richo has dumped them, & he's tricky enough.<<

Another truism.
Posted by sonofgloin, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 5:04:33 PM
I thought he spoke with vision and from the heart.
Antnoyve,
Turnbull didn't show any heart at all when they got the criminal pay rise.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 6:31:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy