The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Climate Change

Climate Change

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
I know we've been around this mulberry bush about a zillion times but, being a glutton for punishment, I bring to OLOers attention this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/09/warmest-half-year-on-record-united-states-noaa-climate_n_1659837.html
Anthony
http://www.observationpoint.com.au
Posted by Anthonyve, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 4:52:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Anthonyve,

I saw this article today.

Besides Huffington Post I am also a fan of TYT who did a piece on this in March talking about the cost to the Texan economy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpxxPJv6vQs

Heat records for March out stripped cold records 35 to 1. March heat records even beat those of April in Canada.

So what does this mean for Australia or more particularly for Julia Gillard? We all know how much Australia's drought focussed the attention on Climate Change but it quickly slid when it broke.

My feeling is we are going to see a lot more of these stories coming out of the US particularly through the Presidential campaign especially if records keep getting broken. As the US has traditionally been probably the biggest recalcitrant on the issue of CO2 emissions it could be a big definer for the Obama camp if he went strong on action to combat them and it could really turn the global debate around. Our PM might then be seen as taking action when many faltered.

It is going to be an interesting 5 months.
Posted by csteele, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 8:40:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes been here before but well worth it every time Anthony.
Remember as the battle warms up that not all have a sound understanding of the subject.
A bloke I respect will take to me over what I am about to say.
But every day, yes every day, some part of the world is getting extreme weather.
Record breaking weather.
England turned extraordinary unheard of drought, to that in rain and flooding this year.
I can not help feeling humanity is being used, to hide the truth, climate change yes has always happened.
But from 1975 till now our population has gone up from less than one billion to seven billion!
Humanity ALWAYS impacts on the environment.
Some of our detractors seem a good bloke, but on this issue best resembles a man who just refuses to even consider they are wrong, others too are content to put all their chips on the wheel and the future of the earth with it.
Spin the wheel but know it only has one result.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 5:24:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
lets not forget the reason purpose of the HAarp*
and our so called over the horison array

lol
and yet the boats come
and the usa base[is that anywhere nearby]

haarp;
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 10:21:14 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Anthonyve,

Thanks for the link.

The United States has some of the world's most
stringent anti-pollution laws, but these are
clearly insufficient to prevent potential grave
damage to the atmosphere.

Further control of pollution is politically
difficult as we know, for the economic interests
behind "smokestack" industries are a powerful
political lobby that is reluctant to commit the
necessary resources to the task.

Hopefully if President Obama can lead the way in the
right direction - our Prime Minister just may gain
the credibility that she deserves with the reforms
that are being implemented by her government.
Good reforms do endure. Criticisms tend to be forgotten.

I saw a cartoon sometime ago in Los Angeles where a
company CEO of ACME Manufacturing looks out of his office
window and says to his secretary, "The sky is certainly
a beautiful blue today, isn't it, Miss Simkins?
Check with production and see is something's wrong."
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 11:15:02 AM
Sorry Lexi.
Selling man made climate change is hard.
Quite true quite a threat but hard.
Selling Gillard?
Not a chance but we need not bother she even knows the end is near.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 12:05:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy