The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should the Internet be regulated?

Should the Internet be regulated?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The idea of the Internet as a free medium, naturally developing without interference from governmental and regulatory bodies is falsely seductive.

Sure, if we were all good citizens and treated each other with honesty and respect, there would be little need for governance and regulation. If we could live without imposing our views and values on others, if we could amiably resolve our disagreements, then perhaps we could afford to have a free and organically developing international forum.

The reality is that we live in the world where any medium, any environment that has no rules, regulations, laws and law enforcement is quickly overrun by the dark side of the human nature.

The freedom of the Internet does not lie in the lack of governance and regulation, but as within any democratic environment, it lies in the balance of conservative and liberal forces that shape its growth and development.

The problem is that whilst the governments of the world play the conservative role, trying to bridle, regulate and control, there is no counter force that would keep them in check, challenge them, confront them and balance them out.

This is why we’re working on the creation of an independent international organization that could provide such balance and I call on everyone who reads this comment to support this initiative at www.webolution.me
Posted by AlikBarsegian, Thursday, 28 June 2012 11:07:26 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Welcome
But no thanks
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 28 June 2012 3:52:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We have the Western govts trying to push us into a fascist world Govt and trying to start wars with Syria,Iran,Russia and China.

It is the freedom of the internet that has created this new awareness.Let's keep it that way.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 28 June 2012 5:59:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm fighting the urge to give one to Arjay about how the [expletive] did he come to the conclusion the Syria - who's currently slaughtering their own people - and Russia - who is slaughtering their own people AND helping Syria - and Iran - Where the [expletive] do begin with Iran? - are misunderstood? But I won't after the speech about off-topic ranting I gave the other day.

No, leave the net alone. It'll be butchered just like the bible was when just a few had the power over the truth.
Posted by StG, Thursday, 28 June 2012 8:16:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I’m with you all the way, Alik.

You wrote:

<< The freedom of the Internet does not lie in the lack of governance and regulation, but as within any democratic environment, it lies in the balance of conservative and liberal forces that shape its growth and development. >>

Absolutely.

Your link is not live. I tried Googling webolution, but there are a few listings and I’m not sure where to go from there. Could you please repost the link. Thanks.

Good luck with your endeavours.
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 28 June 2012 8:58:46 PM
The site is at www.webolution.me - it is fairly new and not SEO-ed The link works fine - I just checked. Just make sure you're using the '.me' extension. Thanks for your support, Ludvig
Posted by AlikBarsegian, Thursday, 28 June 2012 9:48:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy