The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should the Internet be regulated?

Should the Internet be regulated?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Regulate the internet?

How?

The giants of the internet don't own it. They offer a product for free that lots of people want.

Anyone can already do whatever they want, their success is dependent on whether people are interested.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 29 June 2012 4:44:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's only the browser you can regulate. That would kill google. The moment that happens another way of browsing the net will pop up within a day.
Posted by StG, Friday, 29 June 2012 6:41:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ali,

<< it lies in the balance of conservative and liberal forces that shape its growth and development>>

Who gets to decide what is balanced and what is not? Unless there is some content control any balance can only be determined by contributors, meaning completely free of regulation.
Posted by spindoc, Friday, 29 June 2012 7:49:25 AM
Ali,

I asked a silly question before I checked out your web site. I asked who would decide what is or isn't "balance"?

Now I know the answer and can say, thanks for the offer but no thanks.

I'm so over revolutions.
Posted by spindoc, Friday, 29 June 2012 9:55:06 AM
AlikBarsegian,
<This is why we’re working on the creation of an independent international organization that could provide such balance and I call on everyone who reads this comment to support this initiative>

This sounds like an attempt at censorship of opinions that don’t suit AlikBarsegian and his group.
The internet gives total freedom of expression, it does not need any “controlled” balance. One person puts an opinion another has an opposing opinion, it balances itself because everyone gets
to see all opinions and make up their own mind without control by some so called independent group.

Please save us all from the so called revolutionaries. Warlords in disguise.
Posted by CHERFUL, Sunday, 1 July 2012 5:54:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy