The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Rudd supporters are circling the wagons: Snap election eminent.

Rudd supporters are circling the wagons: Snap election eminent.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Yesterday Rudd has threw his hat back in the ring for the next election, making it clear he sees a future in politics. And I would not doubt for minute that he's going to be happy with being a backbencher. All signs point toward yet another challenge from Rudd but this time it will end in the calling of an election. Upon successfully ousting Gillard, Rudd will not take on the leadership and remodel the front bench, but rather, call for an election that he hopes will deliver the mandate and stability Gillard has not been able to deliver in her well hung parliament. Punters will have a much clearer choice between Rudd and Abbott, both of them promising to break the deadlock and dysfuctionality in government.
Posted by Rainier, Wednesday, 27 June 2012 9:37:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I imagine there are more than a few Labor bbenchers staring at the ceiling and having thoughts of the same scenario.
Anthony
http://www.observationpoint.com.au
Posted by Anthonyve, Thursday, 28 June 2012 6:56:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bring it on I say.

It will be good to rid our parliament of a few herrings, like non independant independents and radical greens.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 28 June 2012 6:58:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Let's hope that Labor are that delusional.I doubt it though.Initially I thought they could be embarassed into a poll but they don't have the balls.

Aust Tax Payers Assoc will be selling plastic base ball bats at Hyde Park Syd July 1 Sunday at another CO2 tax protest.Labor are going to be decimated.Their only hope is to dump the CO2 tax.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 28 June 2012 8:23:25 AM
<<[ It ] will end in [ Rudd ]...calling... an election…Punters will have a much clearer choice between Rudd and Abbott>>

And since a good number of the current problems were seeded by Rudd it will be an interesting contest.

I’m with rehctub “bring it on” .

If issues like The Malaysian (NON)Solution are so worthy yet unachievable in the current parliament.
Then the answer is simple: CALL AN ELECTION , break the deadlock.

Though I am enough of a realist to appreciate that should we get an Abbott led govt all the activitists who have been having one hell of a field day under the current regime, will throw one hell of a hizzyfit (aided and abetted by the ABC,SBS, GETUP, The Refugee Council and all the other publicly funded left wing groups)
Posted by SPQR, Thursday, 28 June 2012 8:34:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I see no early election.
But a challenge for sure.
Maybe not Rudd maybe Bill Shorten.
It is clear both Gillard and Abbott are on thin ice.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 28 June 2012 12:04:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy