The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > ABC's Shaun Micallef's Mad as Hell is a big fat flop.

ABC's Shaun Micallef's Mad as Hell is a big fat flop.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
He's not John Steward or Colbert and he's just not funny, or intellectually equipped to take the piss out of Australian politics. But to be fair, it would take a comic genius to take the piss out of Australian politics and affairs these days because it (politics and politicians) are doing a hell of a job of satirizing themselves and the issues they put up. It’s like reality TV, only the contestants are those we have elected into office. They (politicians) simply don't make any room for satire and comedy to exist as a parallel universe of commentary. The Chaser was perhaps as good as one gets in terms of taking the piss out of politicians. Micallef is no doubt a talented comedian, but his brand of humour is out of kilter with what is necessary to make the mundane humorous. I think HG and Roy would have been a much better choice, they come with their own brand, we know what to expect and its far better than Micallef's weak attempts at irony and his clumsy rubber chook jokes.
Posted by Rainier, Saturday, 26 May 2012 1:38:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry but....

I thought that this was the funniest ABC program since Q&A. We used to say that a nation is not mature until it can laugh at itself. Why should it be any different with public broadcasters?
When the ABC can mock itself it will have arrived in the modern world. Sadly, if we cannot laugh at Shauns world,we have not arrived.
Posted by spindoc, Sunday, 27 May 2012 3:39:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agreed Spindoc.Shaun was hilarious and witty.Shaun unlike most ABC shows took the piss out of Labor and the Coalition.

Rainer is a staunch Labor supporter.This is why he does not find it funny.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 27 May 2012 4:27:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
thanks arjay, that's the best line I've heard all week, lol, me a staunch labor supporter!, my mates are pissing themselves here too when i read it out, when they asked me who it was that accused me of such treachery, i said it was someone who voted blindly for John Howard, more laughter
Posted by Rainier, Sunday, 27 May 2012 8:23:03 PM
Get outside and live.
Posted by StG, Monday, 28 May 2012 8:53:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<< I thought that this was the funniest ABC program since Q&A >>

Haaahahahh!

Actually Spindoc, Q&A does have some quite exquisite funny moments, made all the better by being spontaneous on a live program.

Yeah I think Shaun Micallef doesn’t do too badly!
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 28 May 2012 9:18:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy