The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Where the hell is hell

Where the hell is hell

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
hilly billy....[sounds more like a luddite SUBURBON-ITE
wanting us to live in highrises

while he the silly billy
lives on..on the hillh the silly billy lives in

im still wanting to ex-plain
the heading..but we should more be looking at
where this topic comes from..[one in the hilly widerness..living his greedy needy delusion..[by perverting our dream][peace love plenty]

into his nightmareish reality of too many of us

[trying to climb on his hill..ya dill]

note how many are willing to kill
only to looose it all..in the end

now my mind has its reasoning exposed
but dont me a muggins

dont follow whatever quick fix is proposed
stop playing their game with their rules

what is credit
but a thing earned..not stolen

by those...more into diss-credit...saying its you
not us..[you the many..not us the few]...thats the perversion

we are all
the mortal heirs..
of the immortal good

if its not all good..[good for all]
its not..*of god..

[nor good..
*for ALL his creation]
hell is where you go...when everything isnt enough

anyhow..we think we know the problem
but if the solution is..to pick on the masses
thats deciete..

thats how genocides begin

its not the many
who do..the true vile
its the few..a deluded few
doing it via minions..never themselves

were all just drug mules
doing for pennies..that the master gets pounds
[dollars..euro's yen marks]

ie promises

[the m/ark of the beast]
valid only..*by your securitised mark[sig-nature]
[oath in writing][auto-graph][put ya mark here]..

sign ya life
assets recources freedom away

sign here

[warning unilateral con-tracts
certify nuthin]

if you dont know
what unilateral is..dont sign]

lawfull contract's
require INFORMED concent

till then

DONT SIGN NUTHIN*

[or if you must sign..sign as trustee
*for the person{trust]..

[your in capitals name]
is patent right belongs to the state
a dead fiction..that allows the other dead fictions

to lord it over
you..the living
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 7:34:40 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,

I have looked up Papua New Guinea on the Global Footprint Network (GFN) 2010 Atlas.

http://issuu.com/globalfootprintnetwork/docs/ecological-footprint-atlas-2010/1?mode=a_p

In environmental footprint analysis, production and consumption per capita or in total are converted to notional hectares of land. It is rough and has limitations, which are discussed, but allows comparisons to be made. GFN also calculates the biocapacity (how many resources, given current technology, could be used per person on a sustainable basis). The per capita figures for Papua New Guinea are 2.48 ha production footprint, 2.14 ha consumption footprint, and 3.75 ha biocapacity. For comparison, the respective figures for France are 4.27 ha, 5.08 ha, and 3.00 ha. So the Papua New Guineans are consuming within their means, one of the few countries that are (see Map 6 on p. 37). While their politicians could afford to make their people better off with competent management, you are wildly exaggerating the potential.

For the fly in the ointment, see the CIA World Factbook. Papua New Guinea is growing its population on 1.99% a year, a 35 year doubling time. Typically for the low-income group of countries, including Papua New Guinea, biocapacity has been increasing since 1961 (better crops, new technology), but population has been increasing even faster, and consumption has remained fairly constant (See Fig. 12 of the Atlas).
Posted by Divergence, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 1:59:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

Heee Heee Heee.
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 5:54:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Divergence I'm sure those producing your figures for such an august greenie body have crawled all over PNG & know it well. I did mention that most of the area cultivated is cash crops, which have little or nothing to do with the majority of villagers, & certainly nothing to do with feeding them.

I never pay too much attention to these desk top evaluations. That is what has given the ridiculous global warming scam. I've never seen one that did anything but reflect its authors prejudices.

If you are interested I could show you how it works.

On the mainland & high islands a village of 2 or 300 using shifting agriculture, will clear a couple of hectares, for a garden. This, with bananas & paw paws around the village, will feed them all for a few years, until the potash has been exhausted & they move on a few yards.

In coastal areas they often garden on a small island. These are not very fertile, but are easily kept free of destructive pigs, so are worth the effort of feeding with seaweed to keep up the production.

Let me know when you want to see the real thing, rather than a computer projection, run by the biased.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 6:55:55 PM
Hasbeen,

The Global Footprint Network (GFN) is an international thinktank, not a bunch of ignorant greenies operating out of someone's garage. Apart from the usual administrative and IT people, most of the people who work for GFN are engineers, scientists, and economists.

http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/GFN/page/our_team/

Here is what some very eminent people have to say about them and their methods:

http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/GFN/page/testimonials/

GFN gets its data from organisations such as the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation and the International Energy Agency

http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/GFN/page/methodology/

Of course, any calculations that they make are only as good as the statistics that they are based on. There probably aren't very good statistics for PNG, but it is hard to believe that really enormous untapped potential could have escaped notice.
Posted by Divergence, Thursday, 26 January 2012 5:18:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy