The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > labor's national conference

labor's national conference

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
i caught an hour of the blather before falling asleep
inoted the empty seats...noted the 2 de vote that ensures the motion will fail

ol tony has allready flagged a party line
so allowing the conscience vote...is a loose

its as clever as howards vote for a replublic
the silly thing was how happy the wtrong penny is
the extracts of her speach didnt flag that it has to be a party line
[or it will be doomed to fail]

but heck it keeps the few delicate deligates onside
[the 208...and even gioves the 184 loosers a face saving place

one of the absurdities was hand counting the delcates
like counting sheep...over 12 minutes to count to 392
is this party so intent sending their delicates to sleep
with this stoneage method of counting

we can get the worm..on tv at elect-ion time..but not seemingly when time must not be wasted[unless the object is to waste time]

anyhow its mind numbing
and really to those knowing politicks
doing egsactly what its meant to be making sure dont happen

no change
cammeron 'expects change'...lol
well here is a change doug..[secret ballot]

yes/no..*numberd voting cards
public tally

even black ball
white ball

ohhhh hell
why bother
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 3 December 2011 2:15:22 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OUG I asure you mate, some place within your post you got some thing right.
Just because I fail to see it does not mean it is not there.
Please do not quote DOCTOR NO on Labor party issues, he is unable to consider even his own party's problems, unless he buys a mirror.
Lexi, yes no easy task, bringing the young on board.
Everyday, nearly, I get a report, all members who want it get it.
And just today replied, reminding yet again, the private property signs have to come down from ALP branches.
Good party leaders, introduce the young, train them but not to his/her thoughts, good leaders under stand MENTORING is far better than control, so too is trusting Delegating.
I do not claim we are there, or are sure to get there, but figure heads, entrenched in power by others, with no skill or real plan, must go.
And, with great pride this old fella will fight to remove them and see youth in charge always.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 3 December 2011 3:14:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

You're a rare man, my friend.
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 3 December 2011 7:50:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is it better to have a process in a forum where views can be expressed and voted on publicly or a system where policy is determined behind closed doors on behalf of influential lobbyists and corporate sponsors?
Posted by wobbles, Saturday, 3 December 2011 11:08:53 PM
Wobbles a fair question.
Haveing been to many conferences, and haveing been one of the rare few who knew anything about politics, strange but true.
In my delegation, change is a must.
But the doors have never been locked at such.
Public gallery's exist,for party members.
And 40 now 50%, is that not insanity? of the Branch delegates go to go.
But like the branches /unions/my delegation it was heads.
People who farmed power, the juice one calls it, of numbers, Branch/Union who controlled.
The NSW DEBACLE was fueled by this, Sussex Street! became a dirty word.
In life we must understand age, CAN stifle change or foster it, we must see and understand its effects on our leadership.
I think, that my concerns separate me from my past, but serve my party far better than being a yes man to a dill.
I am proud of the reforms, certain of the out comes,and see it every day.
ALP members can ,as I do, get involved online, and have a say on issues and change.
A warning.
We are doing far better than some think we are covered in deep layers of mud and one day, yes we will, power/media/and the NO COALITION will be seen for what it truly is far worse than the painting they apply to us.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 4 December 2011 3:54:59 AM
Happy ALP squashed the blind attempt to ban live cattle exports.
If we could export those who put it up Labor would be better for it.
As a member of country Labor, road kill in the NSW election, I find it hard my party seems intent on knocking us down as we regain our feet.
ALP was born in the bush.
Found all else ok and happy the party is moving in the right direction.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 4 December 2011 2:35:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy