The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Julia Gillard Why?

Julia Gillard Why?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. All
I do not feel like linking it.
But a nasty heated, and some times true story in this days Sydney Morning Herald.
Strange that,a balanced well put together newspaper,should be called the FAIRFAX media, as if that word is an insulting swear word.
By the very same blind to reality people who see nothing wrong with? Murdock's constructed interfering controlling power base.
Back to the story, it rather nasty but close to true, talks about why a man I idolize, Bill Shorten SICKEN LY supports Gillard.
I never wanted to say this, to admit it,know it, it hurts.
Bill wants to lead, has not yet got the numbers plans his run AFTER WE ARE DEFEATED!
He is the man we thought Rudd was,
Even if he puts self interest in front of?me and my party.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 17 October 2011 5:17:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shorten knows that the girls of Emily's List won't allow their shining star to be booted. The only chance he's got is to wait until that's already happened.

Of course, he'll still have to pander to the girls to get his chance. No doubt we'll hear lots of feministy rhetoric from him in coming months.

It's interesting that the most "girly man" the ALP has, the execrable Bowen, seems to be just as badly on the nose as gillard. I guess that's what happens when ideology trumps ability.
Posted by Antiseptic, Monday, 17 October 2011 5:29:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yesterday polling showed a 3% rise in the ALP .
No endorsement however, Abbott's behavior has been so bad it could/should have been ten percent.
This mornings?
Evidence of something I have seen almost every day after the last election.
Julia Gillard can NEVER win an election.
I breath a little better this morning.
It is evident, she is about to be replaced.
It will take place.
But from post one here the question remains why?
Why dump Rudd, Why Gillard,why has it taken this long.
In our year, the ALP, of reform, putting the platform in place for inclusiveness, a return to membership owning our party.
I the property of my party,ask is it our party or private property of factional LORDS.
Same question must be asked of the party's birth place trade unions, is the power of individuals to be used only in the interests of the few.
Give us a leader, and a say, give us a break,from haveing the best policy's but running second it a two horse race .
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 18 October 2011 6:17:14 AM
With the support for the carbon tax weakening further, the next election will be fought almost solely on this issue. Juliar has polarized the debate so much that it is now impossible for Abbott not to repeal the tax in 2013.

His calls on business not to purchase credits beyond this is to give business certainty.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 18 October 2011 3:11:46 PM
Maybe you are right, probably are.
But lets leave the blinkers outside and look at this.
Every chance exists, that if this Parliament runs its full term, mid to late 2013.
Both current party leaders will be gone.
If Gillard is not, by no later than mid next year, I concede defeat.
If it runs to term the Carbon tax will be installed and operating, business, with a track record of playing on your team, is concerned.
How easy will it be to remove.
At what cost to the budget.
After governments change, some promises, made by both sides,want me to name them, are dumped.
And blamed on the side that lost.
IF Labor dumps Gillard, first, note this, polls will be very different than the last.
And that lie you lay at her door, will fade as her start does, so yes still up in the air.
Not trouble making,, these two leaders are propping one another up one goes they both do.
Conservatives have the same concerns I do, theirs are about our Tony.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 18 October 2011 4:02:08 PM
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/opinion/tony-abbott-slogan-needs-a-tweak/story-e6frgd0x-1226170099232
In his post Shadow Minister forewarned the next election may well be about the Carbon tax.
I agreed.
But Australian Politics in in motion, in flux.
Change could come over night.
This link is not my words, it how ever is my thoughts.
And from a man not known to be other than conservative.
Any truly interested in our political fate should measure well its words.
A way out for conservatives, as surely as it is for Labor is leadership change.
What happens if Turnbull leads at the next election?
The link impresses me.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 19 October 2011 5:06:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy