The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Suggestions for theft crime reduction strategies on Brisbane's Bayside

Suggestions for theft crime reduction strategies on Brisbane's Bayside

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Belly,
for crying out loud give it a break will you ? You're the one with the endless stream of insult & foolish accusation. I'm merely trying to make you think, obviously I'm wasting good time & OLO space with you here. End of game,
Posted by individual, Sunday, 2 October 2011 12:09:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I said good by to you about ten times.
For the sake of fair go mate, swallowed my pride and made another effort.
Each time, either by knowingly, or inability to know, you heave insults around like a drunken brick layer.
It is your style.
Challenge me, just read your last 12 posts, from your post history.
count the insults, then the people you took aim at.
Then, from your last 100 posts, count the constructive comments.
I do not feel I wrong OLO intaking you on.
Your insults are far worse.
bloke I cool headed and honest think your description best suits you not me.
I will not again converse or refer to you, are you man enough to do the same? please for me?
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 2 October 2011 3:48:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
...In a personal physical confrontation recently, and surrounded by a dozen brainless youths, many with weapons, including one with a brush hook;(I was alone in an isolated area),here is what the de-brief concluded of the facts.

...Firstly and most prominently was the control mechanism of the gang which was an elder youth in his early twenties standing slightly aside to the main core of the gang, issuing directions but not participating.The armed participants were fifteen or so and under that age (and the majority).

...At one point an adult appeared in a vehicle to converse with the gang organizer and left the scene, This event added another tier to the hierarchy of control.

...The aim of the confrontation was to forceable remove me from an area under their control where I had stumbled on a stash of stolen goods secreted in an isolated bush area, (not drugs). Following the confrontation I managed to escape with minor injuries after being physically attacked on three occasions each time after the gang regrouped, for a kilometer or so. Interestingly, during this sortie (and strangely)I learned from the mouths of the "babes" their aspirations were built on following the paths set by the reputations of their alcohol soaked and jail hardened relatives to whom the aspirants lived in awe.

...Put simply; (they were anxious to attend jail asap to reinforce their developing reputations and were unfazed by any future miss deed the illogical objective may require)!

...Since this event six months ago, a relentless series of break and enters have occurred in my area, all with violent entry and a heavy toll of unnecessary damage, including fires where one house was destroyed. Businesses have closed doors for good and moved away and the local newspaper office is intimidated by vandalism and threats when reporting negative comment on the issue, pin pointing the culprits who are well known in the local area.

...Short of a bullet behind selected ears, I suggest there is no legal answer to this rampage.
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 2 October 2011 9:16:50 PM
no legal answer to this.
diver dan,
As saddening as this is is I'm glad there are people out there who can see what is happening. You've hit the nail on the head. Only last night my neighbour had his front door smashed in by a youth who just three weeks ago was released from a supposedly corrective institution.
The Police Officer wasn't interested in what happened as much as he was interested in my neighbour having actually seen the 15 year old mongrel smashing the screen. My neighbour told the officer that the youth threatened to smash the screen if he did not hand over $50. My neighbour refused & told the youth to leave. A moment later the screen was smashed & I actually saw the youth dashing away from the verandah. The officer repeated "yeah,, but did you actually see him pick up the rock & throw it ?'
This really highlights that the Law is failing us badly if youths can get so much benefit of the doubt. No wonder they get more brazen by the day. A citizen must be able to disable a delinquent on the spot instead of having to consider every senseless legal aspect before taking action.
Posted by individual, Monday, 3 October 2011 6:39:35 AM
Individual:

...To say Australians are at war with the Talaban is a "furphy". This country is at war with its own youth. Law and order is the urgent issue but more institutionalization is not the answer. To be locked up is a badge of honor.

...Consequence to anti social behavior is not on their radar! Since moving to this town recently, prior to the above described event, I have been threatened on the street with a knife on two separate occasions; both occasions following defensive actions to brake and enters of my own property.

...The demography of this town exhibits a yawning gap between the haves and have nots; this town has a predominance of the "well-heeled".

...Installing barbed wire entanglements to tops of fences made the headlines recently. Local council issued stern warning to residents to remove all barbed wire; but I notice some months later, the instruction is universally ignored. Mainly I suggest, because of the success to reducing break and enters.
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 3 October 2011 12:28:27 PM
diver dan,
It may be of interest to know how the councils which ban barbed wire fences are combatting break & enter crime. Will they compensate a victim because the crims got into the premises due to council not permitting safeguards ? Will the do-gooders pay compensation ? Will the Magistrates & lawyers pay compensation ?
I am smack-bang in the middle of dealing with a major theft & guess what ?, I haven't seen anyone from Council to tell me they're going to help me by imposing curfews for these young crap-brained mongrels & make them return the goods or make their idiot parents pay. I can safely say idiot parents because I know them & it is no surprise their little crapheads turned out that way. A large %age of blame also can be attributed to the juvenile defence do-gooder brigade who insist on no punishment. I was told if I went to their house asking for my gear I will be arrested. Thank you loony left for the crap you helped develop over the years. Don't let anyone slap kid eh ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 4 October 2011 11:10:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy