The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Excellence

Excellence

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Did anyone else notice the irony of Lexi's joke?

It would have been funny, if it weren't for the fact that her description of the American team fitted all our government institutions perfectly.

That's why Telstra could get rid of 60% of Telecom staff, [government run organisation], without affecting productivity in any way.

It also fits my local council, & the couple of hospitals within 70Km of here.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 11 September 2011 3:32:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Ammonite,

Thanks.

It reminds me of the old story - where the assistant dreams
up an idea, his boss tells him it can't be done, and
a secretary who does it. However, it's the boss who takes
the credit for it, (naturally).
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 11 September 2011 3:33:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

As Malcolm Turnbull told Tony Jones on "Q and A,"
when asked "Will you guys really be getting rid of
the "Department of Climate," once you get into
power. If so, how will you process your policies?"

To which Turnbull replied, "Ahem, no. we need a
Department to process policies, you're quite
right. We'll simply call it something else."

To which Jones persisted, "You mean, all you'll
be doing is renaming the department?"

Turnbull, simply smiled.

Dontcha love pollies!
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 11 September 2011 3:40:15 PM
cont'd ...

Sorry for the typo. It should have read -
the "Department of Climate Change."
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 11 September 2011 3:43:15 PM
Lexi

ROFL

Totally gobsmacked that Hasbeen can spell 'irony' AND use it in a sentence.

;)

Going to write to Turncoat, I mean Turnbull and ask if he could rename the Department of Climate Change (which IS ironic), to the Department FOR the Environment (which could actually mean something if Turnbull boots out the Mad Monk).

BTW

Didn't Police, Nurses, Teachers and other similar professionals get shafted on the 'multi-tasking'?

One day they'll have time to do their actual jobs - although I do believe there's a term for that:

'annual leave'
Posted by Ammonite, Sunday, 11 September 2011 4:27:54 PM
One thing I love most about these Centres of Excellence is why bother with 'change management' (another great phrase). There are change management officers, sections (in some cases), change management consultants (usually called in when staff are about to be scre*ed), and in many a Selection Criteria 'a commitment to continuous improvement'.

Surely excellence requires no improvement.
Posted by pelican, Sunday, 11 September 2011 4:35:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy