The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Greens...are they trying to acheive to much?

The Greens...are they trying to acheive to much?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Is Mise: "How do you know that some shooters take a personal pleasure in killing? Do you mean a personal, satisfying fulfillment in the ending of a life, a simple gratification of an urge to kill? Have shooters told you of this?"

I infer that some shooters enjoy killing from seeing them shoot animals such as tortoises, and from talking to guys who spend their weekends shooting any creature that has the misfortune to be dazzled by their spotlights.

I have no problems with shooters like Is Mise. Unfortunately, in my experience they are very much in the minority, particularly among the rednecks who support outfits like the Shooters Party.

Incidentally, one reason I support the current laws relating to the storage of firearms and ammunition, is that about 15 years ago a relative of mine was murdered by some young crims who had broken into a farmhouse and stolen a rifle and bullets. My stepfather had the misfortune of picking them up in his taxi, and they shot him for the $100 he had in his pocket.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 26 March 2007 2:18:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My brother, in his youth, tore around the bush with unevolved, like-minded young guys, bragging about how many kangaroos they had slaughtered.

It pains him greatly now when he reflects on this regrettable, inhumane practice which he was party to.

With the exception of one of those youths, these men developed similar regrets about their testosterone driven actions for the thrill of a kill.

Why does Is Mise, in his quest for food, resort to stalking and slaughtering innocent animals?

And he can put a sock in his conservation spin which doesn't wash with me.

However, I'm happy to stand in my village square with my begging bowl if he's that hard up for a feed!
Posted by dickie, Monday, 26 March 2007 2:58:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dickie,
Why doesn't my conservation efforts wash with you?
I assure you that every fox destroyed saves some more of our fauna.

When the animal lib mob effectively put a stop to the trade in fox skins it meant that MILLIONS of Australian native animals, birds and reptiles were eaten because of the resulting blow-out in fox numbers.

It was only the hunters who had been keeping fox numbers in check, once the financial incentive was gone most shooters went back to punching holes in paper targets and hunting bunnies.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 26 March 2007 6:54:40 PM
Now that the election is over could we just discuss the merits of some of the Greens' proposals.

"39. Rural owners of licensed firearms to limit their use of firearms to legitimate farm purposes, and to use their firearms in ways that minimise disturbance of people on neighbouring properties, and reduce lead pollution in the local environment.".

Dunno what to make of this at all.
Does it mean that Farmer Brown can't set up a target down in the back 1000acres, 5 miles from his good shooting mate on the next property and 24 miles from town, to do a bit of target shooting?
Would target shooting be a legitimate purpose on a property?

Then there's the lead polution problem, but it's no problem really because he has a bullet trap set up and recycles all his spent bullets; moulds new bullets and reloads the cases. Good conservationist this bloke.

From my (no doubt biased) point of view this is either an example of interference for the sake of interference or it bears out the contention that they haven't thought things through but have just scribbled something down to fill in space.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 26 March 2007 10:19:55 PM
Found another beauty

"32. Regular unannounced checks by police or another enforcement body to ensure that individuals and clubs are abiding with firearm storage regulations"

Yahwol ! Mein Furher! Das democracie ist kaput, Ja?
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 4 April 2007 4:43:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy