The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Greens: They can stop children going to Malaysia, they just don't want to.

The Greens: They can stop children going to Malaysia, they just don't want to.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
If the Greens are so opposed to shipping children to Malaysia, they why are they not doing anything?

Given that they hold the balance of power and can do something, and their vocal opposition but little else, the conclusion can only be that they benefit from the government's abysmal policy.

The Greens win both ways in that their utterances means that the mistreatment of refugees maintains their relevance, and hopefully voters from Labor's left move to their camp. This is better than Christmas for them.

If anyone actually questioned why they stood back and did nothing, it would shatter their veneer of morality.

Support for Labor under these conditions makes them complicit and in spite of their protestations, accessories to the Malaysian solution. Anything else is simply playing both sides of the fence.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 7 August 2011 4:57:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Green philosphy Shadow Minister is that people are a blight on their planet and the more deaths the merrier for their agenda.Maurice Strong the ex-secretary of the UN wants to see the Worlds' pop reduced to 2 billion and that idiot Prince Charles thinks like wise.

This is why the Greens are embracing totalitarian regimes.Their ideology is more important than freedom or democracy.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 7 August 2011 7:43:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Arjay

You said...

"Maurice Strong the ex-secretary of the UN wants to see the Worlds' pop reduced to 2 billion and that idiot Prince Charles thinks like wise"

I disagree with Maurice Strong, it should be 3 billion:) and your cold blood thirsty description of the green is just what we expect from people that don't live in the real world.

Arjay...why the greens aren't moving on this, its the one simple fact that its just another way for the boat people to use their children as passports for illegal entry into Australia. Overpopulation in this country will spell the end to that great freedom you enjoy so much, and what about our own people? there's already 20 people for one job as it is, and the charity card we keep handing out so foolishly, its
no wonder the rest of the world thinks we are suckers.

Sending them all to Malaysia will clearly spell-out the message to all human cargo traffickers, that the Australian Goverment will not be tolerant to those that put children at risk. Once the word gets out, that their off-spring wont be going to our shores, is the only way to stop the problem.

It also confirms that Malaysia wants a veto over the 800 people that Australia sends there, and also wants Australia to cover nearly all the costs.

Mr Bowen says the deal should only be judged when it is finalised, but he says he will not put in a clause to exempt unaccompanied children.

"You need to send a strong message," he said.

"I don't want unaccompanied minors, I don't want children getting on boats to come to Australia, thinking or knowing that there is some sort of exemption in place.

"I never want to go through, and I don't want our nation to go through, what we went through in December and the months following, burying children as a result of a boat accident.

"And it is inevitable that that will occur again unless we break the people smugglers' business model."

LEA
Posted by Quantumleap, Sunday, 7 August 2011 9:29:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Words do not fail me arjay,I could use many heated ones to describe your post.
It is known I am anti green but, well your post questions your understanding of any issue.
This thread Shadow Minister interests me, my first question, honestly, is are you concerned for these children now,?
What about those behind the barbed wire for so long under Howard, or those wrongly, with deliberation said to be thrown over board.
Or can I answer my own question?
You are extremely concerned this plan may work?
For give me Sir I bet my house to an empty match box the latter is the case.
Given your hatred of the Greens, expressed near daily here you look to strange bed fellows my friend.
Continued.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 7 August 2011 9:41:25 PM
SM you will not get a factual reply from any Greens on this forum, they honestly do not think, they simply regurgitate the rote mantras of the Greens.

On another thread I was bemoaning that the greens are no longer green as in on the ground activists, and I used the example of no on ground protests on coal seam gas sites. This OLO Green directed me to the Qld Greens manifesto opposing it. I pointed out that that is verbiage and why is Bob not sending the troops in, she got the poops and banned me, incommunicado so to speak...but she of course did not have an answer.

If she was for real she would be asking her Green twit why are we not yelling our tits off about it, but she is only what she hears, and I pointed that out to her. Consider the thought process below that gives strength to their convictions, well somebody's convictions.

I have known a green woman for thirty years, since we were kids. She has subscribed to every imaginable cause, and there is no issue with that, she is a vegan, can’t slaughter for food, she hates electricity generated from coal, she hates nuke, she takes a keen interest in the recycling regime and domestic water conservation practices of those directly around her, she attends local council meetings regularly, she is not adverse to naming names if the object of her focus is not compliant to her vision of green.

Same person has a TV in every room, multiple computers, ducted air, and every conceivable appliance that runs off household mains. She is big on leather, lounges, car upholstery, shoes, handbags, skirts, collars; two people have 2 cars and a SUV. When I raise this most basic of observations she, like my OLO green parrot refuses to discuss it. At some point “to thyne own self be true” must come into play, they must rationalize at some point, and until they do they are to be pitied as the susceptible ones, Goebels Brown be Praised.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 7 August 2011 9:41:51 PM
Belly, what did Arjay say that was offensive, you and quantum are suggesting he has a disdain for the plight of the kids, but as I read it he is simply saying the Greens march to another’s agenda, we all know that, Bob bleated on about world government a month back.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 7 August 2011 9:48:47 PM
At about 7PM Sunday night to me proof arrived that middle Australia is becoming a victim to the extremes.
It is well know the very left in this country can get down and very dirty.
All the trolls who will name Labor or the greens here are quite wrong.
But some from both groups may be within these fleas.
We know phone contact between boats and refugee advocates are common place.
Just maybe boat two under this plan was picked to test Australia's resolve.
Half its passengers are saying they face death in Malaysia because of their religion in that country planned.
And the high court action stopping the first boats deportation?
I have unhappy news for my fellow left of center or even center Australians.
The system may work, but Labor will not survive this, Greens be warned will not.
Abbott will after he wins government, craft a DD election ,he has no choice, and driven by left of center treachery will be in control of this country for more than a decade.
How very cruel to know kind hearted but stupid interference can hurt so many yet not stop governments stopping the boats.
Middle/Majority Australians demand the boats stop.
Conservatives too but not yet not until it gives them power then watch out.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 7 August 2011 9:56:40 PM
Sonofgloin,while not all Greens have this extreme scortched earth philosophy to our humanity,there are enough at the top for us to be really concerned.The Rothschilds the biggest banking family on the planet finanace the Green movement.It is they who are pushing for the CO2 tax.Note that the CEO of the NAB also wants an ETS and our taxes to finance it.The CO2 tax will be just another derivative for them to exploit.

Note that Quamtumleap wants to reduce the world's pop by more than half.How is he going to achieve it? More food used to fuel our cars,new viruses,wars,destruction of food producing farms which we are witnessing now? They are a bunch of hypocryts.They allow fracking for coal seam gas which destroys good farmland and our precious water tables and it takes the likes of Alan Jones to lead the charge and stop the rot.

Make no mistake the Greens are just controlled by large corporate interests as both the major parties.The Elites and the Greens have a common goal,ie drastically reduce the world's population by whatever means possible.Freedom and democracy are now seen as subserviant to their ideological perfect world.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 7 August 2011 10:11:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are all missing the point of this thread.

The greens are complicit in the Malaysian solution. Whilst they might not be the architects, they are partners in the government that is implementing it.

In Nuremberg many Nazi soldiers claimed that they were just following orders, and that they could not stop the death camps. Their defence was dismissed, and they hanged. The Greens do not even have this defence, as they could easily stop it. They will be judged accordingly, and will not be able to clean the stain of the Malaysian solution off their hands.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 8 August 2011 5:39:16 AM
Children are the latest successful weapon in the invasion by stealth.
Posted by individual, Monday, 8 August 2011 6:35:30 AM
Neither Greens, Labour or Liberals nor the governments of any country
will be able to affect the level of population of the world.
The population will be set by the weather and the amount of energy
available to produce food.
If there is a shortfall they will either starve or not be born because
of malnutrition causing infertility.

There is nothing that all the NGO's in the world and governments can do.
What would you do if you had very large feed lots of cattle for which
you could not find feed ?

Grim thought isn't it ?
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 8 August 2011 10:52:52 AM
'Goebels Brown be Praised'
Love it and it is a most apt descriptios.

Hitler was a nicer person than Dr Goebels.

Fortunately the Autumn is coming.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 8 August 2011 2:01:32 PM
Bazz I had in mind a thread about the subject of your last post.
Think you know I am no lefty and not thinking about one world government.
But what if.
What if we redrafted the UN charter gave it teeth and duty's?
took the power of veto from single country's, maybe 40% against before veto.
One set of rules in the world, no keep our governments.
For refugee assistance, not redistribution, remove all dictators/bad government.
Food distribution for the starving and birth control world wide laws to stop eating our selves in to starvation and breeding future victims of starvation.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 8 August 2011 2:35:14 PM
The asylum seekers were to be expelled from Australia today at 11.30am today however Justice Kenneth Hayne ordered no departure before 4.15pm.....and guess how, wait for it.....yes you guessed it right..."religion". well what a nice little loop-hole I must say, and thanks to Johnny Howard for the two speed processing with it nicely named A grade and B grade customers.

So the Gillard Government wont be that much embarrassed since its the liberals, with Mud on their faces for that little two faced approach that's on the rocks...No punt intended:)...talk about hit the ground running, and most of that mob, cry out that discrimination was not intended, but merely a over-sight by the Howard Government......yeah right:)

LEAP
Posted by Quantumleap, Monday, 8 August 2011 2:54:16 PM
Belly.....I couldn't of expressed better my self. I liked the part about not giving future people a world that from all realities, would be not worth living in. At leased some people can care enough to see the impending disasters that's threatening the very exsistance of all life on earth, including our self's. The higher that humans multiply will dictate our very survival on this planet.

I've put models on here about new laws that show fair ways of slowing down the numbers that are living in hell as we speak. Does 1.5 million starving African people wake anyone up? A global law will put a stop or a cap on population, and the model I made, I will put on here tonight for all to see.

Cheers

LEAP
Posted by Quantumleap, Monday, 8 August 2011 3:17:07 PM
Belly;
I think the population problem is out of any government or UN
control.
Yes, the veto has caused many problems but it has self defence
advantage and it would be almost impossible to overcome that.
Can you see the Chinese or the US agreeing to any rule that would
override one of their internal laws or policies ?
This would apply doubly to immigration matters.

The Refugee and ITU treaties have the power of law as they have been
ratified by parliament. We can I believe opt out of those treaties
but I think it takes some years.
As illegal immigration is such a big problem in Europe any change I
think would be for absolution of the Refugee treaty.
It has been so badly abused that no one would agree to any changes.

I think the power down that has started will overwhelm any move to
reorganise population trends.

Nature does not negotiate.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 8 August 2011 3:24:25 PM
Quantamleap said;
4.15pm.....and guess how, wait for it.....yes you guessed it right..."religion".

Errr, what was that about ?

Then he said;
A global law will put a stop or a cap on population,

Really ? Do you really think all those remote villages in Africa and
India have even heard of the UN ?
They will continue to have children until enough survive to look after
them in their old age.

We achieve the same result by using taxation on those working to
support the retired. That is coming unstuck because the ratio of young
to old is changing. Hence the Productivity Commissions latest
suggestion of forced selling of the home of nursing home patients to
pay the costs. Probably the start of many changes along that line.

So those of you still young you are obliged to have an average of
2.2 children to support yourself in retirement.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 8 August 2011 3:48:19 PM
Yes Bazz, I understand what your saying, however the model I'll be susjesting probably belongs at the extreme end of the spectrum. I said on another thread something about the wheels are falling off, and you have pretty well sumed up the growing problems Australians are facing today and near future. Each Government in the not so far off future, will do a head check and some will find the drum is full. When reality comes to light, some first worlds governments, perhaps even some second world countries may have to consider this model, or go bankrupted like many are at the moment.

Cheers

LEAP
Posted by Quantumleap, Monday, 8 August 2011 4:14:38 PM
"If the Greens are so opposed to shipping children to Malaysia, they why are they not doing anything?"

Unless you'd rather the refugees stay here all along- why are you complaining that a party is NOT stopping it?

Makes no sense- save for wanting an excuse for something to complain about.

You definitely don't see me complaining about Liberal clearing us of our national debt, or Labor's idea for the NBN (until it started to go downhill in that case).
Posted by King Hazza, Monday, 8 August 2011 5:40:07 PM
As most can gather, I don't always see eye to eye with Bob browns mindsets, and seeing Australia become the dumping site for the worlds problems or human cargo as I like to call them, I stick with what can be a huge broken leg, and overpopulation is my greatest concern. I say process them Off Shore, ( goodness knows what pathogen that could be a threat ) and keep the protests down where it doesn't cost the Australian tax payer, not to mention the integrity of us all.

Greens leader Bob Brown says the Malaysian asylum-seeker swap plan is unacceptable, but he says he won't bring down the Labor government because the coalition would be worse.

Senator Brown said asylum seekers should be processed in Australia.

This is where I disagree.

"We don't see the advantage that the government apparently sees in sending people to Malaysia, in particular vulnerable children and/or their families," he told ABC Television.

"Whether they are accompanied or not they should be processed here onshore in Australia as all other equivalent reasonable countries do around the world."

He rejected suggestions that he could withdraw support from Labor in the House of Representatives and bring down the government.
"You then end up with the nastiness of the approach to these people wanting to come to Australia of the Abbott alternative. It's just downright nasty," he said.

Hummmm makes you think, don't it.

Damed if you do and damed if we dont........Oh and bazz, its in bellies post, the religious quote.

And....the call is to hold off for another two weeks on the discussion.

Legal time badly used, IMO.

LEA
Posted by Quantumleap, Monday, 8 August 2011 6:58:12 PM
King Hazza,

I would prefer that the boats didn't come in the first place as under the pacific solution. However, the question is for the greens, if they are so opposed to the Malaysian solution, and have the power to stop it, why don't they?

And if they don't then they need to accept some responsibility for shipping kids to Malaysia.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 9 August 2011 4:38:37 AM
Justice Kenneth Hayne will be busy looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life for upstaging the show.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 9 August 2011 5:34:23 AM
Bob Brown told us why he has not interfered with the children being sent to Malaysia, I will repeat that then tell you why .
He said Liberals plan is worse.
I think however he has been told,Labor has made up its mind, it will go down fighting.
It says this has to work, Australia for the most part demand it.
And do not kill it yet it will work.
I ask the Conservatives here this question.
On gaining government, and you will, are these children the same ones you intend to turn around at sea and send back.
Supplementary, did you show the same concern about Nehru.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 9 August 2011 4:00:24 PM
Thay have to send the unaccompanied children to Malaysia otherwise
there will be boatloads of unaccompanied children coming.
Just makes business sense.

If you were running a people smuggling business would you not do that ?
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 9 August 2011 4:56:07 PM
So I ask again- if the Greens have now decided not to make a stink over a policy aiming to do what we actually all want (discouraging boats)- why are we so sour about it?
It's almost as if you wish the Greens would condemn it just so you have something to complain about.
Posted by King Hazza, Tuesday, 9 August 2011 6:21:48 PM
"Bob Brown told us why he has not interfered with the children being sent to Malaysia,"

It never occurred to me that he would interfere with the children. Only that he would use the green federal seat to block the government. As he hasn't he is complicit in the deportation of unaccompanied children.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 9 August 2011 6:47:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy