The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I thought you were an independent mr windsor

I thought you were an independent mr windsor

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I will have to apologize for adding this in but this thread is rather pointless;

An "Independent" is nothing more than a politician who does not belong to a political party, and usually offers something to what his constituents want.

I'm not quite sure how Tony Windsor's political stances on any one topic differing or corresponding to those of another political party somehow makes him non-independent;

Or for that matter how this would affect the reputation of other independents (except in the eyes of people who don't know what an "independent" is)
Posted by King Hazza, Wednesday, 20 July 2011 11:49:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Totally agree with Suze, and others, Tony Windsor is a rare calibre of politician - he's an honest, hard working Member of Parliament who's not easily influenced. If only we had more like him. My relatives live in his electorate and they don't have a bad word to say about him. And for a politician - that doesn't happen very often. He does see the bigger picture and weighs up all the facts before speaking. Another quality to be admired.
Posted by Lexi, Thursday, 21 July 2011 12:25:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok, so it appears you are all in favor of the carbon tax that only Australians will pay in a futile attempt to clean up a global problem.

My issue with him and his stance on this is that he suggests Tony Abbott and his supporters don't care which is simply not true.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 21 July 2011 4:03:50 AM
Tony Windsor is not independent, he's got many helping him in being disruptive for nothing more than ensuring a good pension.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 21 July 2011 6:37:55 AM
individual,

The key word here is "integrity" - and it seems that most of the posters on this thread have gleaned that Mr Windsor possesses that rare political quality.

I believe that diminishes your critical appraisal, and renders it an off-the-cuff instance of sour grapes.
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 21 July 2011 8:31:29 AM
"integrity"

Nope xenophone and a couple of others are men of their own doing - but this blokes not in that class.

They say he doesn't worry about local issues much more has broken promises and angered many.
Lyn & Andy ( my cousin and her husband)me they now call him Tony the Show Pony down that way. There is a protest about a mobile tower the locals wanted fixed well before the elections. They say hes suddenly lost interest.
The guys probably been busy no doubt but fact is locals are *not impressed
Posted by Kerryanne, Thursday, 21 July 2011 9:03:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy