The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The flood, mining tax, and carbon taxes, putting the brakes on Australia's economy.

The flood, mining tax, and carbon taxes, putting the brakes on Australia's economy.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All
Shadow Minister,

Ok Shadow Minister- the floor is yours. You tell us what you want everybody to do. Apart from to vote for Tony Abbott. Give me *your concept your policy's- not Tony s to keep this country floating .

Now remember now yours* I dont want to hear Julie- or Tony lets get down to policy's

From 1 to ten go=
Posted by Kerryanne, Saturday, 16 July 2011 7:07:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Kerryanne,

A great big hug from me.
You go girl!
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 16 July 2011 7:41:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*Scare and fear mongering doesn't do the Liberals any credit*

Lexi, sounds more like you have been hoodwinked by a feelgood tax
and your vote has been bought, so that you agree with it.

The devil as always, is in the details. So if you and hubby were
to lash out on another overseas jaunt, or spend endless hours watching
the energy intensive plasma, the govt will compensate you.

Meantime if I grow 100 tonnes of wheat and try to ship it to the
ports, or haul back lime and other fertiliser to improve the soil,
I am slugged with carbon tax, no compensation, just bad luck for
farmers as there arn't enough of them to make buying their vote
worth bothering about.

Now explain to me how that is fair or why I should sing the praises
of this new feelgood tax?
Posted by Yabby, Saturday, 16 July 2011 8:29:13 PM
I have been warning you all for some time now but you have all just laughed at me.

I am there, at the cold face, I see trends before you do or before the media gets wind.

I told you that the easiest way to stall an economy was to create uncertainty and this is exactly wha this incompetent fool and her monkeys have done.

Just recently, when we thought they couldn't possibly do anything else, they stuffed the live export trade. Again, creating uncertainty with those involved like, farmers, boat owners truck owners and drives, the list goes on. These are all consumers and they were all uncertain due to incompetence of government.

Then they decided to grant another pay rise, despite knowing most sectors couldn't afford it, in fact, many business owners had gone backwards in the previous six months.

Now we have the carbon tax that, among other things will place our businesses at an unfair advantage, at a time when our dollar is doing at good job at that it's self.

So, instead of creating this merry-go round of a tax, why not just commit the billions it will cost to implement and monitor this tax straight towards renewables. After all,is this not the aim of this tax in the first place.

To think that after this there are still those who can't see the wrong, mystifies be beyond belief.

You labor puppets are simply feeding the egos o these fools who are ruining our country. Take. Bow!
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 17 July 2011 6:00:39 AM
Kerryanne,

Is this a new tactic? I see that you are issuing the same challange to multiple people.

However, I will then challenge you to produce a similar number of policies, obviously not simply a defence of the existing flawed labor policies.

Here are 5 for starters.

1-Reinstate the Pacific solution with TPVs
2-Review the fair work act, especially with regards to the causes of the 2% productivity drop. Re introduce AWAs.
3-Look at introducing nuclear power. Particularly building them at the sites of the brown coal stations in the La Trobe valley and SA where the existing infrastructure will reduce the costs.
4-Scrap the 3rd party insurance, and include it in the price of petrol. i.e. the further you drive and bigger car you drive, the more insurance you pay.
5-Make Child care 100% tax deductible to enable working mums back to work. Also look at making child care less expensive.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 17 July 2011 6:15:10 AM
Here’s an comical little conundrum:

It is apparent “DESPICABLE” for Tony Abbot to link the Qld floods to the carbon tax.

"TREASURER Wayne Swan has described Opposition Leader Tony Abbott as 'despicable' for linking the carbon tax to floods which devastated parts of Queensland earlier this year.”
http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/abbott-despicable-on-carbon-tax/story-fn6ck4a4-1226095863806

But, it’s quite Ok to use the Qld floods to spruik climate change action ( read: carbon tax)

“AUSTRALIAN Greens leader Bob Brown again has linked the coal industry to the summer's natural disasters, including the Perth bushfires”
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/breaking-news/greens-links-coal-industry-to-summers-natural-disasters/story-e6frea73-1226002856826
VICTORIAN Governor David de Kretser has blamed climate change for the floods sweeping Australia.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/victorian-governor-david-de-kretser-blames-floods-on-climate-change/story-e6frf7kx-1225990444614

“Curiouser and curiouser and comical!
Posted by SPQR, Sunday, 17 July 2011 7:30:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy