The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > List of Labor Stuff Ups

List of Labor Stuff Ups

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All
Some more possibilities of stuff ups or outright failures
Copenhagen- failed
Copenhagen special friend - failed
Set top boxes
$250million tax cut for TV networks. (and again perhaps?)
Super clinics
New National Health whatever thingy
Plan to guarantee public hospital elective surgery patients private hospital treatment, gone .
National curriculum looking shaky
Just cut 2 national school science education programs
Failed broadband tender, cost 30 million at least and NBN thought bubble as a result.
Quadrilateral Initiative, advised India Japan cancelled via newspapers. Offended India Japan and China anyway.
Posted by Blimey, Friday, 15 July 2011 4:12:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This one is a good one. Conroy honours us with a now longstanding place with Reporters Without Borders, Internet Countries under Surveillance list.
Great company, 16 of us, includes the likes of Belarus Saudi Venezuela. France just been added. France quite busy, same lame aims as Conroy, plus ran a conference on the internet, the E20, a conference where governments talked of plans to control content of internet. And our chattering classes it seems want to inquire us down the same censored controlled press path .

If Bob Brown and it seems Julia have their way, we can probably make it onto the press freedom watch list as well.
Posted by Blimey, Friday, 15 July 2011 4:30:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My, this is turning out to be a thread of negative "lists."
OK here's my further contribution:

14) Floating of the Australian dollar
16) Introduction of National Superannuation -
both of which formed the basis of the strength of
Australia's economy today. So will pricing pollution.
17) Introduction of a universal health care system for
all Australians - Medibank by Gough Whitlam, 1 July 1975.

The Fraser Government is the only government in the world
to have dismantled an existing universal health care system.
Medibank closed in 1981.

18) On 1 Feb 1984 - Medicare was established by the Hawke
Government.

More to come folks.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 15 July 2011 6:49:16 PM
Blimey
You might have to expand on some of your list, but I do recall the Super Medical Clinics and will add to my list, as with the promise to build much needed aboriginal housing in NT

Still seem to recall something about hotwater services, was on TV one night about truckloads being delivered.

LABORS RECENT STUFF UPS.

Grossly increased Immigration
Invitation for 'illegal' boat entries
Did away with Nauru and TPVs
Home insulation acheme
BER schools project (builders early retirement)
grocery watch
petrol watch
Cash givaway ($900 I think)
cash for clunkers
green loans scheme
Live cattle exports
Desalination plants, at least 3 (billions spent, now not needed)
60c kw for home solar power, NSW
Super Medical Clinics
Failure to build promised aboriginal housing in NT

Lexi,
I am no fan of either major party and all the above major blunders and mismanagement occurred in the last few years. Never has there been such an incompedent lot grace the halls of power. The above resulted in billions being wasted and misspent, plus houses being burnt and workers deaths. Oh and some 200 deaths of illegals.

Honestly, they could not run a chook raffle!

How far back do you want to go? We could rake up Cairns and Junie or the Kimlani affair if you wish. 'No child shall live in povety'

I intend to print my list and pin it up handy for the next election, so I do not forget.
Posted by Banjo, Friday, 15 July 2011 8:32:54 PM
Dear Banjo,

We all could go back and finger-point. What would that achieve?
Lists are all very well - but how about listing both positives
as well as the negatives. Or are you only interested in the
negatives of one particular party for this thread? Are you perhaps
interested in taking over Shadow Minister's job on this Forum?
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 15 July 2011 10:52:22 PM
Lexi,
Party politics seems important to you, it is not to me and frankly I do not care which party is in power, what is important is that they do the job reasonably well.

As for Abbott, well I think little of him but give him some points for stopping us having an ETS, that Turnbull was prepared to endorse. To my mind Abbott lacks any charisma and oratory ability and if the Libs had a better leader we would not now have the lot in power now.

Now I decided to list ALL the government stuff ups because they are many and there is danger that i may forget some. I do intend to give them widespread publicity before the next election, as they should pay for their stupidity and incompedence.

You ask about the positives of the present incumbents, well off the top of my head, none immediatly comes to mind. It seems everthing they have done has been ruined by incompedence. Billions have simply been wasted.

If you can think of any major accomplishment they have achieved then by all means make a list.

With things like the NBN, Carbon Tax and its associated green schemes yet to come, there is plenty of scope for many more stuff ups.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 16 July 2011 10:55:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy