The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why the tax is wrong

Why the tax is wrong

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Well Morgan that's the type of response I expected, so please let me try to explain.

Big business, who, due to true labor form don't even know who they are yet, may be out of pocket by millions. Perhaps even billions.

Now for every million they invest they must consider interest and funding costs. Of cause these costs will be passed on.

Then there is lost opportunity, that being, what could that million or billions have been used for it not tied up in additional taxes.

Then, there is return on investment. Nobody. Wants to invest one million to at best get one million back, so they will at least want 6% return otherwise they may as well not take the risk. Now if they do have to invest millions, withoutnreturn, then their shareholders may well dump their stock, which effects amoung other things, mums and dads super funds.

Now, once you take all these costs into account, then they accumulate down the supply line, the one million that the government is offering as compensation may well be swallowed up as the real increase could be as much as double.

Governments may be content with a costbrecovery basis, but believe me, big business and their shareholders will not be happy with that.

After all, who places a bet where the best odds are to get your money back.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 13 July 2011 4:17:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh come on, rehctub - it's called gouging. If it's not illegal, it should be - and I'll be very surprised if it's allowed under the legislation.

I think the idea is that if businesses want to minimise the carbon taxes they pay, they spend their money on inputs that are created via less emissions, and therefore attract less tax.

You suggestion is unethical to the point of criminality. Have you run it past your accountant?
Posted by morganzola, Wednesday, 13 July 2011 4:32:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gillard and her Labor traitors will drive this country into abject poverty.

In the USA and here there was no income tax prior 1913.When Woodrow Wilson betrayed the US people by allowing a private group of banks like JP Morgan and Rockefeller to own and create the US currency,that was the beginning of our demise.The following year in 1914 the income tax act was put into law.

Prior 1913 the US Govt under their Constitution used to create all the new money to equal the increases in productivity of US citizens.Now throughout the West private Central Banks own our increases on productivity via creating it from nothing as debt and loaning it back to us.This is the modern way of serfdom.Our own Govts are complicit in our slavery.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 13 July 2011 6:29:42 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For those folks who care about the future and not their immediate pockets the following might clarify things for you:

http://newmatilda.com/2011/07/11/carbon-tax-we-had-have
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 13 July 2011 6:40:20 PM
Morgan it's not gouging, it's called a return on investment.

What you are suggesting is that a business should invest $1000 and be happy to get their money back.

If you increase the expenses of a business without. Increasing profits then that business is going backwards.

In any case I guess we will just have to watch this space.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 13 July 2011 8:49:47 PM
Yes of course rehctub, but then the point is to encourage a reduction in expenses by increasing efficiency, is it not?
Posted by Bugsy, Wednesday, 13 July 2011 9:03:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy