The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Result of Carbon tax, emissions increase by 13% over 2000 levels.

Result of Carbon tax, emissions increase by 13% over 2000 levels.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Dear Tom,

Another election isn't due until 2013. Whereas the carbon tax will be introduced in July next year. The only thing to be assumed is whether it will be dismantled by the Opposition should it win the next election? (At a great cost to us all).
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 20 July 2011 3:16:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Carbon price battle is lost, say experts"

"Political experts believe the battle to sell the carbon tax to the Australian public has been lost and the Prime Minister can do nothing to change voters' minds on the issue. A poll by ReachTel has shown a week of public campaigning on the climate change reform by Julia Gillard has failed to sway voter opinion on the tax in the past seven days. Despite the issue dominating the news cycle for the past week, support for the carbon tax (32.4 per cent) remained 28.6 points behind support against the reform (61 per cent) over the past seven days."

As I mentioned in another post, the Labor heavy weights have already abandoned the cause, allowing Juliar and Whine Swan to carry the message on their own. Most labor back benches are also notably absent, protecting their tenuous hold on their seats from the ferocity of the debate.

Juliar cannot even shepard all the unions onto her side, the ETU has condemned the carbon tax, and the AWU Paul Howes has endorsed it in spite of the objections of many of his members.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/union-breaks-ranks-rejects-gillard-carbon-deal-20110719-1hn8n.html

If the rumours are true, and Juliar has about 6 months to turn this around before she gets the tap on the shoulder, and if she does the carbon tax is dead.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 20 July 2011 4:29:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
- if everybody is so worried about the economy just wondering why it appears few on here seem to be actually working.

Patterns of people going back for yonks day after day posting on olo in business hours- just an observation. I admit posting can be addictive and i have posted in biz hours sure.

Mostly however I have posted late & if i have posted in working hours I *have made it up. Its a bit hypocritical crying about the economy and all being arm chair experts under those circumstances.

Anyway just a passing observation. As for the carbon tax the entire forum is full of it.

There is little difference from one thread to another and the issue has become a bore- Well in here anyway.

One can not think about this topic going on and on for another two years.

Whatever cheers!
Posted by Kerryanne, Wednesday, 20 July 2011 10:38:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy