The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should West Australia remain one big state.

Should West Australia remain one big state.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
597, you make my point for me. Its not federal funding that builds
roads, but money sent east from WA. We want more of it back.

Its a huge and young state, its got enormous infrastructure
costs and challenges that other states don't have. Its going to
take alot of funds to do all that. Yet every time that WA is
paid more mineral royalties, the amount of GST returned is cut.

At the moment we get back around 60c in the Dollar, but with the
present calculation methods its heading for 30c in the Dollar.

Frankly we'd be better off keeping all our funds here and making
our own economic decisions, if the East shows such little
interest in what we do, other then provide money to them.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 29 June 2011 8:12:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mining is funded by subs from out of the pockets of the public.
If WA broke away they would have to do without their share of that 11 billion $ paid by the tax payers.

Then WA might be more interested to look at the 50 billion $ going off shore and too much off shore ownership. Some is good i agree but not complete control.

NT or WA its never going to happen. Others have tried up the top to turn it into an Islamic state.

Australia is made up of many states WA being one of them.

The subs paid to mining are not sustainable . WA needs to look a little closer at this false economy like the rest of us & they are not the only ones Canberra ignore.
Posted by Kerryanne, Wednesday, 29 June 2011 8:59:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gertrude, not paying roadtax on fuel for machinery that does not
drive on roads is not a sub, even if some calculate it that way.
The mining industry contributes 10s of billions of $ to the
Govt coffers. Without it, the Australian economy would collapse.

West Australian mining alone generates over 2 billion $ a week.
They pay taxes and wages here, they buy inputs, they invest in
new projects.

If you or Bob Brown want even more from the mining industry, you
are free to risk your life savings on holes in the ground and
see how you go.

West Australian mining and the West Australian economy would
thrive without the Eastern States. We really need you far less
then you need us.

I'd vote for secession tomorrow if given the chance. Ludwig and
his imcompetence are really the straw that broke the camel's back.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 29 June 2011 10:50:24 PM
Yabby,
On that we agree! His office staff in a week did not get back re the two gentleman going to Indonesian.
Called - they said they had the message & would call back within the hour - very rude! No call.
Called back at 3.30 pm to ask why not. Said they couldn't find the message ( urgent message) send to Ludwig's office but yet they told me last week they had it & AGAIN this morning. ( Very funny business imop going on their with his staff- probably MLA friends.

What they didnt know until 4.30 pm I have faxed every stuff up to Julie Gillards private assistant. They have the two gentleman's names and are passing the message on to her.
They are furious about it I hope his staff are sacked.

Problem is it might be too late now--

No wonder why its such as mess with absolute rude @ heads that work in his office

On the mines- all I know is the industry enjoys subs from the pocket of the tax payer & u would have to wonder why these wealthy guys would need it- thats all.

Most people dont realise they are paying these companies 11 billion in tax $

I would like to see mining expand in NT- Give some of these. er, farmers a way out the door TBO
Cheer
Posted by Kerryanne, Wednesday, 29 June 2011 11:36:06 PM
Yabby,

As u raised it on this thread I listened to another crying cattle breeder. They are a few problems with her claims

A That our cattle dont go to the other 700 plants BULL]

B They have known how these animals have been treated for years & years 7 NOTHING excuses to breed for that market.

c 6 plants sort of up to scratch & if the 4 or six could process them - then we would not have a problem

D The industry itself admitted they require at least 25 to be brought up to some sort of standard.

E Shes wrong about Indonesia or telling fibs (only now) looking to deal elsewhere because Indonesia informed us 6 MONTHS ago they were cutting back the live cattle by 75%

F Its very possible nobody told the farmers but they told Ikebal that months ago! He even went over.

Fuel will have to be sent to operate the pumps and they should of started trucking them south the day the ban was introduced- but instead sat on their hands demanding to ship em anyway to such a cruel end.

Now Pakistan has been in deals with them ( or talks) for about 2 years-! so u would wonder why AA moved now.

However- if it comes to a bullet in the head than its still kinder to the animals. I will leave u with your WA thread now in peace.

See u on another thread.

PS there is NO DOUBT Ludwigs staff & MLA have stuffed things up because if WE KNEW about the 75% drop in intake & the Pakistan deal why didnt they?

Bloody useless imop.
Posted by Kerryanne, Thursday, 30 June 2011 12:16:33 AM
http://www.watoday.com.au/opinion/politics/does-the-stroppy-state-really-want-to-secede-20110705-1gzqu.html
While the thread slumbers I found this in a WA paper of interest so here it is.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 5 July 2011 4:07:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy