The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Home Solar Power

Home Solar Power

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Bazz sorry but my information is well researched and you have got much of it wrong.
First in my area our Radio club has one very active operator, you would know him.
He has become the center of a group, of mostly young, operators, I an old bloke am part of that group and a former but not very active club office holder.
He first installed a stand alone battery storing solar system, for him it grew, he is black out proof no intention ever to feed back in.
We number about twenty now, I run lighting radios and TV that last only in black out.
The power to the mains system was first installed, in our group by that bloke, he is an ex electrician.
The standard installation now costs less than $3.000.
It will not stop your bills.
He has nearly but not quite twice that.
Only in winter is he even likely to get a bill.
He is an aged pensioner, and has built up a credit of near $300 as he is on holidays he will make on his daily average, about $3 a day while away.
Bazz this feedback system is made cheaper by the installer keeping your credits, they will be of real value.
The meters are changed as part of this, but my mate heart of ham radio here takes Daily readings and he is making more than he uses.
continued.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 9 June 2011 12:49:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Be careful please!
Solar is not unlike pink bats and other building industry shams.
A criminal group went next door, not knowing those folk are my Friends they after seeing my panels [ cost $1200] wanted the full Monty.
The quote was $30.000!
Such an installation would run the 4 homes in this street.
I am waiting, not having a go at you KH but think it was part paid for as is every installation I know of other than the very well of.
I will put two sets,under $6.000. on my roof.
Truly will, go without extra income give any profit to charity, we all every one should not except cash from the true poor.
Now SM in this matter I am nearer your thoughts Labor was so dreadfully lost it imposed this tax in NSW on its own people, the poor.
The SMs of this state prospered by our mistake, we tried to wriggle out Barry did too.
Both should have, tell me what is fair about this scheme,we say we want to impact on climate change here is our chance put my scheme in place .
But know
Some will be receiving profits forever equal to three times the costs others pay.
No guts no Glory.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 9 June 2011 1:02:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is clear my passion is not shared by every one.
But I have had another thought.
30 panels would fit on my roof, maybe more.
Now that is more than twice my needs,for sure.
How about co ops getting together and putting it back into the grid.
My preferred way is no bills for home owners,some assurances use would not grow above an average.
Cost of every installation reduced and as above excess is used to reduce over all prices.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 10 June 2011 4:55:12 PM
I have one 30 year old 'walk on' deck solar panel that I had for a boat. Use it now to charge a couple of old car batteries that power the 12 volt lights through-out the house that we use when moving about the house at night; also powers the lights outside the back and front doors and in the toilet. Probably doesn't save all that much power but it costs nought to run as the panel has more than paid for itself over the years and I get the batteries for nothing.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 10 June 2011 9:28:29 PM
Yes most who use that system,me too use second hand battery's.
I Also but new truck ones.
My panels are 3 new last year, 8oo watts.
Some of our group run fridges TV and washing machines.
I like the fact I am black out proof.
Just switch the inverter on plug in the TV and radios lighting is there.
My power bill not gone down, as my over all use is constantly shrinking my bills seem to stay well above what the once cost.
We hear power is to rise by 30%
My council has been given permission to get 24% rate rises.
And for that? my community is convinced we get a garbage collection only.
I am concerned just how will I live?? fixed income well below half the average.
Just maybe room exists to run my whole power in this way if governments continue to pay only lip service to cleaner power.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 11 June 2011 7:18:35 AM
As far as I know (because I've never bothered to find out0, if one opts out of using Government/privately generated power, must one still pay for the power to run past one's house?
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 11 June 2011 2:37:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy