The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Revolt in US

Revolt in US

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Ah Sarnian, so now you think that our ABC and SBS are part of this
global consipiracy to stop this information getting out. Whew.

As a matter of interest, I googled it on Google News and there
is hardly a news service which has not covered it.

But no doubt whilst the Arabs are busy creating revolution
after revolution, killing each other along the way and our
oil supply is at risk, its not high priority.

Believe in all the conspiracy theories that you wish. You would
not be the first on OLO to do so.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 9 March 2011 8:56:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There's enough american rubbish on tv now without seeing their local news as well.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 9 March 2011 8:59:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I heard about it on ABC radio and BBC World.
One of the arguments is "Right to Work" which the state government
wants to bring in to ban the necessity to belong to a ubion to get a job.

Thats about all I know about it.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 9 March 2011 10:17:15 AM
I think Sarnian's message was to spread the word and as usual Micheal Moore hits the nail on the head.

I remember thinking to myself that if a similar peoples revolt to the egyptian experience occured in The States, that they would go to great lengths to conceal it.

Would they strafe their own people ala Gaddafi, if their power was sufficiently threatened ?. I have no doubt that they would.

The free internet and flow of unmodified information is the only defense against this. Collective power is the only way forward for people themselves.

The rich most probably think they have a booked seat to next habitable planet after they have finished with this one.

The time has arrived to replace them,with something more representative, before there is nothing left.

Spread the word as Sarnian says and maybe we can actually get something done for the greater good at last and before it is too late.
Posted by thinker 2, Wednesday, 9 March 2011 12:25:30 PM
Michael moor is a grandstander. IT,s hard to work out what he is on about. He is talking in circles like a political speech.
I think he is out for his 2 minutes of fame.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 9 March 2011 4:36:18 PM
Pericles, says They used footage of a demo in Sacramento California, pretending it was from Madison...

Actually they held supporting demo’s all over the US, so it’s possible that what you saw was one of those?

And how many of them actually would even care about this highly localized issue…..?

Perhaps they will care when the idea spreads to Australia, especially if Abbot et al get in?

Yabby,
The last refuge in lack of any other argument in a discussion is to use the “conspiracy theory” phrase.

Michael More spoke about the 400 obscenely rich who owned as much assets as 155 million Americans, I did not know that before and I am not comfortable about that sort of scenario.
Posted by sarnian, Wednesday, 9 March 2011 5:16:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy