The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Revolt in US

Revolt in US

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
There has been a revolution going on in the US for the last three weeks but it has not rated a mention in the mainstream media.
If you were not online and following events around the World you would not have known about it.
It is happening in Madison Wisconsin, where the new Governor has taken draconian steps to not just limit the power of the unions but to destroy them.
It has been over shadowed by the events in the Middle East but is as awe-inspiring as the Arab revolt.
The media octopus that spreads around the World is being very successful in suppressing news of this revolution and will do anything it can to stop it getting out.
It could mean that the worm is finally turning and the bulk of the population in the US has decided that enough is enough; no more will it let the handful of elite, plunder the wealth of America and reduce their lives to serfdom.
After all the obvious just plain theft that Wall Street and the Banks have so far got away with, they have maybe decided to put people power into action for them and not just watch it happening in foreign lands.
Michael More has just visited the protesters and made a speech, which is quite frightening if you follow it carefully.
Today just 400 Americans have the same wealth as half of all Americans combined. 400 obscenely rich people, most of whom benefited in some way from the multi-trillion dollar taxpayer “bailout” of 2008, now have as much loot, stock and property as the assets of 155 million Americans combined.

In this stand against the robber barons that would take complete control,this handful of people could win if they get the support they need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApVdPnyJUu4&feature=related

I urge you to watch this video, read the transcript
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mike-friends-blog/america-is-not-broke
Spread the word before it is too late.
Posted by sarnian, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 1:24:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a perfect thread to show what the parasitism of the rich. The so morally feeding like bankers with the best intentions in mind when they take your home from you! well what a surprised out-come. equal-for-all! Well looks like con-artists all can be! I used to be one of them:) I know.

BLUE
Posted by Deep-Blue, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 10:08:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sarian I totally agree.We need a world wide people revolution.The theft has been incredible and is still happening while our prostitute pollies continue to protect the very scumbags who perpetrated the scam. http://secretofoz.com/
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 10:36:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*The media octopus that spreads around the World is being very successful in suppressing news of this revolution and will do anything it can to stop it getting out.*

Nonsense, Sarnian. Its openly discussed on Bloomberg, nobody
is hiding anything. A number of commentators have discussed
it, interviews, the works. But Bloomberg is the sort of
place where these things are discussed.

No doubt its also discussed on the PBS Newshour, which
is on SBS every day, for an hour.

But no, don't expect it on 7 or 9. They have Home and
Away and My Kitchen Rules etc. Quite simple, these things
rate with Australian punters, not US domestic politics.
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 8 March 2011 11:11:35 PM
Yabby, I meant on the mainstream Australian Media such as ABC or SBS News.
I have not seen it there. I cannot comment on the Australian Newspapers because I refuse to buy them and support Murdoch and Packer et al.
If there was a protest like this going on in France or even UK it would be splashed all over the News Services with great glee.
Sorry but I believe it is being deliberately covered up because it is happening in the US
Posted by sarnian, Wednesday, 9 March 2011 7:01:15 AM
Ummm... Madison, Wisconsin?

A city with a population somewhere between that of Hobart and Geelong?

Would you expect a street demonstration in downtown Geelong about a local union dispute to rate a mention anywhere except the Advertiser?

Even in the US, Fox News' O'Reilly Factor had to resort to exaggeration in order to get anyone's attention. They used footage of a demo in Sacramento California, pretending it was from Madison... it was the lack of snow on the ground, and the proliferation of palm trees in the background that gave them away. Duh.

But the question remains, I guess, why you believe that our news broadcasters should consider this local spat as important? How many of their audience actually understand the workings of US State politics?

And how many of them actually would even care about this highly localized issue?
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 9 March 2011 8:40:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy