The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > In the UK, Christians shouldn't be foster parents. Should they be parents at all?

In the UK, Christians shouldn't be foster parents. Should they be parents at all?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Jewely, I'll tell you where it came from.

A friend of mine is a pom. Because of this his 27 year old daughter has a British passport, & is treated in the UK as a native, even though [I think] she was born here. She has been working in the UK for a year or so.

She recently saw a position, for which she is highly qualified, & experienced, advertised by the local county council. As she was not sure if her Oz qualifications would be accepted by the council, she went to see them.

She was told that she would be ideal for the position, but it would be a waste of her time applying. It appears that their ethnic balance was out, & no UK ethnics were being hired.

Yes that's right, ethnic balance. They have some law that requires the ethnic balance of the county employees to reflect the ethnic balance of the county population in general. To address this balance they were only hiring Pakistani, or West Indians at that time.

She did not think to ask, for how many generations someone born in England would still be a considered West Indian, she was too amazed to think much.

She was advised, quietly, to watch the paper. If after 3 advertisements on one from the desired ethnicity had applied with suitable qualifications, they would then be free to hire her.

She did not bother, as she preferred to be where people are still sane, definately not the case at that county council.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 3 March 2011 9:52:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Runner I do believe heterosexuals can also be pedophiles.

Oh I see Jewely so they were born that way to according to the dogma being used to justify this disgusting decision.

Your selective interpretation of history at least acknowledges that Christians were at the forefront of education, hospitals and care of the less fortunate. Your assumption that large numbers were involved in child abuse is deceitful and typical of dogma used to justify a foul decision. We see now under secularism the pereverts having a field day like never before.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 3 March 2011 10:26:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Truthnow:”But why does a foster child have more rights than a child with natural parents? If Christianity is harming children why does the State allow it in any form?”

Trust me, foster children have zero rights in reality. The life of a foster child is complicated with many many different adults in their lives over time and several sets of parents. To reduce further harm to a child the people caring for them have to tread a fine line as far as what their beliefs are and which ones they purposely pass on to a child in their care for what could be a short time. It’s about balance because of the children’s circumstances in care.

Hey Pelican, I know awesome Christian foster parents and awesome gay ones as well. I don’t care who fosters children, it is how they foster and what they pass on that matters. I’m trying to think of an example – like nudists can foster but not practice being nudists while a foster child is in their home.

Wow Hasbeen, that is insane. I didn’t know they did that over there… anything similar here?

Runner nothing justifies active pedophiles far as I am concerned.

As for “them” building schools and hospitals etc I’m sure they got more than adequately reimbursed. Seems that is what it is all about - call yourself a not-for-profit then charge govt like a wounded bull. They are involved in child abuse, have been a very long time and continue to be today with systems in place that promote endangering children while they financially benefit.

And Runner those Christian not-for-profits recruit homosexual foster parents as well. Certain things always get overlooked when there’s money to be made. Non Church affiliated orgs are in on it too of course.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/foster-carer-linked-to-sex-abuse-slipped-past-the-barriers-20101212-18u1w.htm

I have no idea why the State allows any of it Truthnow, maybe because not enough people care enough to demand it stops?
Posted by Jewely, Thursday, 3 March 2011 11:00:48 AM
suzeonline,
Please site studies that prove some male children have a homosexual gene at birth. That that they are predisposed to desiring anul sex over normal sex from the time of birth. Which is the abnormal act of homosexual relationships.
Posted by Philo, Thursday, 3 March 2011 11:08:41 AM
The Biblical view of Homosexuality is an act of anul sex performed by two males. This happens across the gender spectrum as hetrosexual males also indulge in anul sex. Both are the abomination condemned in a healthy religious society.

Because a boy displays effeminite characteristics from birth does not mean he has a preference to indulge in anul sex. The problem is that a secular society identifies that child as homosexual, and steers the child toward that relationship. Many men in Religious positions do show a rather effeminite side of their character, especially those who take vows of Celebacy, it would be better they marry.
Posted by Philo, Thursday, 3 March 2011 11:28:30 AM
Jewely, I sure hope it doesn't occur here.

She could not tell us if it is a local law, with only that council, or is national. It could be local, as come areas now have majority ethnic populations.

One thing she did find interesting was some of the different ethnic behaviour. She said she found in many areas some ethnic populations were more "English" than the locals. She found many of Indian, & West Indian extraction lived a 1940/50s conservative, respectable life style, now rarely seen among the natives.

She found the further north the better she liked the UK, with northern Scotland the best in her view, but then she is from a conservative "bushy" background.

It couldn't have been too bad, she has gone back now, & her mother fears it may be for keeps.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 3 March 2011 12:03:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy