The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Don't read my lips.

Don't read my lips.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Can these people really believe the global warming con. Dumb as they obviously are, I can't believe they are that thick.

I'm starting to think that it's not even Bob B who is causing this.

I think Julia wants a UN job when she's chucked out, just like Ruddy does. Anything he can do, I can do better as the old song goes. Perhaps she'll need it before him, the way things are going. Now that would be poetic justice.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 2 March 2011 11:13:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen, next you'll be saying the US Navy is involved in a con job too.

http://tinyurl.com/4tqq2ch

Wait, you already have:

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=11658#199310
Posted by bonmot, Wednesday, 2 March 2011 12:15:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What if it was called a "pollution fine" instead of a "carbon tax"
would that be more acceptable? There are at least 26 countries which have adapted this method with great success. Carbon pollution is taken seriously by many countries as it affects the entire planet.

Carbon has been produced by nature for millions of years and for millions of years natural vegetation absorbed it. Today humans have
denuded the planet and industry has generated more carbon. So to bring it back to the levels where nature can cope we could either get rid of industry and restore the forests that existed hundreds of years ago OR eliminate the production of carbon by utilising alternative energy sources. That is the whole point of fining carbon polluters and getting industry to do something about their pollution.
Discounting the future is one of the most common practices in the business world. There is an understandable risk aversion, for example, any one of us might not be around to benefit from a good time in the future - so let's have it now regardless of the long-term
consequences. It took the medical profession from the 1960s to the present era to get the public, and the government we elect, to act on the toxic, life-taking efforts of tobacco. Eventually sanity prevailed, although it took over 40 years. It is clearly time for economists to commence their campaign for "pollution fines" and getting prices to tell the truth. With all their power and influence in society and government, economists shoudl stop sitting on their collective hands.
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 13 March 2011 5:53:09 PM
ross garnew[
the ecoomist hired by john howard
to bring us a new tax to garnish off income on carbon]

was on the news today[abc news channel]
for arround half an hour

he revealed the new carbon tading oversight body
would look much the same and have the same standing
and powers structures..as the federal reserve..

ie not under federal control
not under parlimentry control
not even under minesterial
nor corperate control

ie all powerfull..
[its scary stuff]

he indicated the tax "will be" indexed
and quite a few other interesting..contention-points
[he is a scary dude...john blowhard at his best]

sadly i didnt bother looking for a transcript..
but it must be worth reading..this guy thinks he is god*

a damm ..e-con-o-mist*

also intersting was the recent big idea
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/bigideas/stories/2011/03/15/3163439.htm

it was very revealing in revealing the structures of how they have been subverted from activism..into in house 'house servant status'

and how the lobby does its omnipotant things
[litle realising they were doing it
[the same thing]..themselves

of course they didnt realise what they were revealing
and i cant find a written transcript to point it out

simularilly the australian has a piece today
mentioned by at least two different sources today

[but heck i cant be botherd googling it up]
why bother its tim,e others started critical thinking
not just consuming ..and having faith..in ignorance
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 17 March 2011 2:00:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Labor, you have excelled yourself, in choosing this lying woman to lead you. She has rolled over, puppy like, for Bob Brown to scratch her belly, & you have all rolled over with her."

But she, at least, will be safe.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 29 March 2011 3:42:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy