The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How desperate are you to lose weight?

How desperate are you to lose weight?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Are you desperate enough to undergo a faecal transplant?

Yep, that’s exactly what it sounds like. Faeces (poo) from a donor is transplanted into your gut.

I can see this working on many levels. For example, I would be so grossed out at the mere thought of a poo transplant that I would not be able eat. That would lead to rapid weight loss.

But, jokes aside, there is some serious science behind this. It seems that there are differences in the “gut flora” of lean and obese individuals. “Gut flora” is a fancy term for the bacteria that live in your gut.

So the question is this: If you transplant the gut flora from a lean person into the gut of a fatso does that lead to weight loss? It works in mice and Alex Khoruts, at the University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis is planning to try it out on humans. (New Scientist, “Faecal transplant eases symptoms of Parkinson's”, 19 January 2011, by Anil Ananthaswamy)

As the title of the article suggests, poo transplants may also relieve the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and other autoimmune diseases.

So if you’re really desperate to shed those excess kilos consider a poo transplant.

Please understand that I am NOT advocating poo transplants. I am merely informing people of possible new options for those who want to slim down.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Thursday, 3 February 2011 2:43:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steven:

If you've got the body of a God, Buddha, - then I guess you'd be willing to try anything to lose weight, however for me this little ditty says it all: "If its yellow, let it mellow, if its brown flush it down!"
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 4 February 2011 10:29:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Found it interesting.
And as a combatant in the weight war would look at it.
It truth most of us not knowing would have eaten it and drank worse.
Only about ten kg to go, get it of then back on but if this works we will have a pill for it one day.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 4 February 2011 12:31:18 PM
Basic reasons for overweight:

1. Excessive food intake.
2. Exercise imbalance.
3. Genetic predisposition. (metabolism deficiency).
4. Genetic gender predisposition (Women carry 30% more weight than men, by comparison).
5. Drug regime (Pharmacological).
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 4 February 2011 3:46:51 PM
Steven:

Here's another controversial idea that may be of interest:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Cannibalism-Anthropophagi-the-answer-to-eliminating-famine
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 4 February 2011 5:32:29 PM
How desperate are you to lose weight?..I don't know, Iam all pic-it-tee-pow:).....how big is your arse?:)

BLUE
Posted by Deep-Blue, Friday, 4 February 2011 6:46:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy