The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tony Abbott; PM by proxy.

Tony Abbott; PM by proxy.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. All
cont'd ...

"She was difficult?" asked Mrs Smith.

"Yes, I'm afraid so I finally had to take her to Hyde Park to get the job done right. People were crowding around four and five deep, pushing to get a good look."

"Four and five deep?" asked Mrs Smith, eyes widened in amazement.

"Yes," the photographer said. "And for more than three hours too. The mother was constantly squealing and yelling. I could hardly concentrate. Then darkness approached and I began to rush my shots. Finally, when the squirrels began nibbling on my equipment I just packed it all in."

Mrs Smith leaned forward. "You mean they actually chewed on your, er..., um..., ah... equipment?"

"That's right. Well madam, if you're ready, I'll set up my tripod so that we can get to work."

"Tripod?" Mrs Smith looked extremely worried now.

"Oh yes, I have to use a tripod to rest my Canon on. It's much too big for me to hold while I'm getting ready for action. Madam? Madam? Good Lord, she's fainted!"
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 28 January 2011 9:30:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kevin Rudd possessed a free thinking brain, and the guts for decision making to go with them; he was “his own man” and a non-conformist; inflexibly so.

Gillards is a “Chairman” style leadership; rule by compromise and conferencing in a world of “Happy-Happy”. Abbott is obviously onto it. Intimidation is a successful tactic under those circumstances, if he can get away with it. I believe he will win out in the end. His personal tenacity will ensure that.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 28 January 2011 12:33:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Love it Lexi.
Now Tony's great big new tax, you know the one,heaping wealth on those who have a child remember it?
Would have been? a levee on big business quickly passed on to us all, but that is ok isn't it? why?
This tax is so small, so little it is less than a coffee every morning.
It however is being used as a weapon by the desperate conservatives.
Aware Gillard is not shining but also that at a time they should be, Abbott is a fill in leader until they gather their thoughts.
So too is Gillard.
But at least she is rebuilding not destroying Abbott's only skill.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 28 January 2011 1:26:37 PM
Thanks Belly.

This was overheard at a press conference prior to the ousting of
Malcolm Turnbull:

Tony Abbott: "What's he got that I haven't got?"

Reply: "Awareness."

Tony Abbott: "What's that?"
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 28 January 2011 1:36:17 PM
Have any noticed how Mr. Abbott behaves at the press interviews he calls. Lopes in,makes a couple of three or fours word slogans, such as mates do not tax mates. Another people have suffered enough, etc. Answers three or four innocuous questions until a probing one comes along. His reaction is to say that is all and stomps off.
Posted by Flo, Friday, 28 January 2011 2:10:34 PM
Yep I've noticed that too Flo. A quick camera byte "It's bad policy, it's lazy policy" then out the door for another swim and a bike ride. :)

DD, Kevin Rudd was not "his own man", he was purely poll driven and yes I agree the ALP is gun shy on the flood levy. I don't think the flood levy responses have set the ground for a Tony Abbot as PM by proxy at all. The ALP is responding as usual to polls of which the latest reveals (as much as they are to be trusted) 30% FOR and 70% AGAINST.

In fact, Abbott has looked a bit of a pillock on this one as he can't seem to see the difference in his party's proposed levy for their much publicised middle class welfare policies and a short term levy for flood relief.

So have to disagree Houlley. Welcome back by the way.
Posted by pelican, Friday, 28 January 2011 5:54:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. All