The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should Howard have stepped down in 2006?

Should Howard have stepped down in 2006?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
A little respect goes a long way for yourself and others in order for your views to be taken seriously TBC - the point I was making.

For what its worth I enjoy quite a few of your comments on various topics when you are not generalising about a person's character.

Looking forward to reading your future comments on OLO!
Posted by we are unique, Saturday, 30 October 2010 10:17:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen should be more aware of the facts - the publice did not wake up to the arrogance of Rudd and Co and chuck them out as stated by Hasbeen. Kevin Rudd was ditched by his own party, and if he had not been, then they probably would have won the election outright.
Posted by HAZARD, Saturday, 30 October 2010 2:32:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Welcome HAZARD.
You may be right,I think you are, but todays Sydney Telegraph has a very true story about Rudd's down fall.
I speak as a Labor member.
Kevin fell in love, with himself, he stopped talking to his team and stopped taking action.
HE HAD TO GO.
You must understand, some posters, just a few, have no intention of letting truth interfere with a chance to slander the ALP.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 30 October 2010 5:02:35 PM
Belly, Rudd has always been in-love with himself.

You should have seen the damage he caused in Qld when he worked for the Premier.

Same style, same bad results, and in the end, Goss lost the support of the workers/unions/voters.

Mind you, the ALPs Mike Kaiser had a big hand in that too.

Now Kaiser works for the NBN crew, so much as I support having a proper Internet system, I am expecting NBN to be about the same standard as Green Loans and 'inch-ulation' fiasco.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Saturday, 30 October 2010 6:12:18 PM
Yes Belly, & some have blinkers that stop them seeing anything but what their ideology lets in. Rudd did fall in love with himself sure, but it was many years ago. For some time, he was reasonably good at hiding it from the Oz public, who rarely give more than a couple of minutes attention per week to politics, but they finally got it.

Hazard, Rudd was chucked out by his party, yes, because the public had finally seen through him.

The polls were showing that they were going to throw him, & Labor, out on their head. The nearly did anyway. If he’d stayed Labor may have been lucky to have as many members as the Greens, after the election.

You can split hairs if you like, about who threw him out, so if it helps you feel better, let’s say the public threw him out by proxy. Does that feel better?
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 30 October 2010 6:21:36 PM
The problem is, the ramifications of all this, are still being
played out now, with the couple of clowns leading the libs at
present.

Just last week Hockey made a fair old fool of himself, by not
understanding the basic fundamentals of the banking business.

Next Gillard was due to address the BCA, but had to decline at
the last minute, because the libs refused to grant her a pairing
in parliament, through sheer bloody mindedness it seems. The
400 people who had taken the trouble to attend, were hardly
impressed.

Its just incredible that the present team of bozos are showing
such bad judgement, time after time. They really need replacing,
for the liberal party to regain any kind of credibility.
Posted by Yabby, Saturday, 30 October 2010 9:19:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy