The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Exploding the Gay Myths 1.

Exploding the Gay Myths 1.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
*Physiological stress in the mothers womb can also exert effects on development.*

Bugsy, that is what it seemingly comes down to. A book called
"Brainsex", covered the scientific studies done, some of it in
East Germany. They got to the point of creating gay rats, by
fiddling with hormones affecting the developing brain of the
fetus, at critical stages of development.

Things like severe stress of the mother can affect those levels
in the fetus, at critical points, altering sexual inclinations etc.

But as all of this was not considered very PC, pressure was put
on people not to publicise too much.
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 19 October 2010 12:43:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ha ha. Yabby's now blaming mothers for their gay sons. Hey Yabbs, it's the 21st century now.
Posted by Rudy, Tuesday, 19 October 2010 3:44:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rudy brings me to Gay Myth 3, that homosexuality is prevalent in the animal kingdom.

I wondering if Rudy's cat is contemplating whether or not he or she is gay?

Preposterous, in fact this phenomena is highly unusual in the animal kingdom.
Pigs have been known to use this practice as a form of predation or showing whose boss.
I don't think think there is actually any preference issues going on in this instance.
And no piglets have been born as a result of this practice.

As illustrated in above instance, any such evidence touted of cognisant homosexual social practices in the animal kingdom
are interpretive advocacy at best.

Once again the Mythology is practically pious.
Posted by thinker 2, Tuesday, 19 October 2010 4:31:15 PM
Rudy, show me where I claimed that the mother was to blame.

Do you actually read what others write?
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 19 October 2010 4:45:02 PM
Whether or not sexual orientation is affected in the womb remains to be seen. I was just using this as an example of non-genetic biological changes affecting development. Although there does seem to be some evidence for a fraternal birth order effect. Nothing conclusive as to whether this has a biological or social cause though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraternal_birth_order_and_male_sexual_orientation

Either way, this doesn't indicate a conscious choice on the part of homosexuals. Behaviour is a choice, but one that is affected by orientation, which isn't. Homosexuals can choose not to engage in homosexual behaviour, but that doesn't make them not homosexual.

thinker 2, I wouldn't bother looking up pollutant oestrogen mimics with a view to making a connection with homosexuality or brain feminisation. The Japanese tried that a few years ago, when their rebellious teenagers started dressing funny and looking a bit foppish.
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 19 October 2010 4:47:19 PM
Easy Yabbs. Here's what you wrote about a rat experiment in that scientifically advanced hot spot East Germany, "Things like severe stress of the mother can affect those levels in the fetus altering sexual inclinations". You then went on to say this is all not very PC. What you're clearly 'implying' Yabbs is that mothers determine the gay sexual orientation of their children because of stress while pregnant. You're blaming mothers.

Thinker2 you also need to enter the 21st century. I see you're a homosexuality in animals denier. Read this and get educated
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx
Posted by Rudy, Tuesday, 19 October 2010 5:02:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All