The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Graphic content

Graphic content

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Peter Hume

If you actually took time to look at the photos I don't think you would use overexertion in an attempt to mock the seriousness or my concern regarding of the content.

I am aware that there are what people label more important acts of cruelty being displayed among humanity.
But I chose animal cruelty as this threads reference to the incomprehensible acts of mankind.

I stumbled upon the website by accident and my emotions led to this thread and the desire to end the human existence if given the chance. I am young, and I am coming to terms with the pain in the world. I don't shake it off easily and I would appreciate some understanding.
Posted by Nicnoto, Friday, 1 October 2010 8:43:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stop arguing... We are all the same species. We need to learn how to work together to bring our planet together.

Yes the humans have done the most damage. We were one of the last species to evolve, and also the ones that has done the most damage to our planet. Humans have a lot that the other species do not have. Revenge, greed, control, selfish, the worse I would have to say is the fact that we are never happy.. Even when it's a bed of roses, We still want MORE.

Peter H: Breatharians..have not had a good success rate.. so please think about it before you decide to be one.

There is so much more out there.. that we need to learn, discover, and accept. If the we keep this up.. out planet will not have the resources to accommodate us. How do we change it. That is my problem.
Posted by jinny, Friday, 1 October 2010 10:04:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In South Australia the government killed 800 'feral' deer in a cull by helicopter. More culls will be conducted as they always are. Yet this important pesticide-free food resource is wasted, left to rot on the ground.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/deer-destroyed-in-10-day-blitz/story-e6frea83-1225932538226

Similarly, governments in other states would prefer to conduct such 'blitzes', or poison unwanted animals with 1080, a vile poison, because animals rights and animal liberationists zealots are opposed to the traditional hunting that not only controls 'feral' species for free and can even rake in income for government and sees deer meat, skins and other by products used rather than dumped.

1080 - http://www.voxy.co.nz/national/1080-poisoning-paradise-great-new-zealand-ecocide/209/24450

There are circumstances where 1080 could be the last resort, but it continues to be used in huge quantities in Australia and NZ.

The other very important consideration is that recreational hunting can give life to country towns that are presently closing shop through the loss of meatworks, agricultural re-structuring and a so on. The potential value of the hunting tourism from both local and international guests is phenomenal and the benefits spread across all of the region where they are welcomed. It is the foolish intransigence of misled activists that blocks development.

Incredible as it might seem, the Greens' Lee Rhiannon is a strong opponent of the NSW Game Council and has called for it to be disbanded, despite savings to government, the valuable trade it brings to local communities and the use of meat and other products that would otherwise be wasted in culls, mostly with 1080.

http://www.gamecouncil.nsw.gov.au/

It is distressing to see photographs of cats and dogs being slaughtered in Asian countries for much-needed protein, but what about the cruelty and vandalism of federal and State government 1080 culling with carcases of deer and wild pig left to rot?
Posted by Cornflower, Friday, 1 October 2010 10:29:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nicnoto,

Respect!

I am deeply sad about the cruelty towards dogs and other creatures but also heartened to see your post and your smart, sincere and decent comments. There are too few advocates.

IMO the difference between being cruel to other humans and being cruel to other species is a matter of pecking order. The most vulnerable and despicably treated human will still be treated better than any animal or at least be generally regarded as having a more legitimate claim to better treatment.

Even where animals are farmed for food, it is possible to give them a decent life and then kill them kindly and quickly. I can't understand why in the process of farming some people become so callous; to the point of inflicting unnecessary pain.

The way that humans treat other creatures reflects our propensity for goodness, peace and even good citizenship.

I hope you don't become jaded and hardened and cynical. Please keep caring.
Posted by Pynchme, Saturday, 2 October 2010 1:52:14 AM
Just because in western culture dogs are pets, butchering dogs is terrible. However, it is fine to munch on chicken, beef, lamb etc because they are not so cute?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 2 October 2010 5:21:59 AM
It will be great when mankind is dead our author will be able to,oh no he will not be there will he?
Lets have a group cuddle!
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 2 October 2010 5:34:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy