The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A man and his dog - Who owns who?

A man and his dog - Who owns who?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Being a retail butcher, I am amazed with the habbits of pet owners.

You simply would not beleive the amount of fuss dog owners show when selecting food for their pets.

"Not that bone, I want the other one", like, do you really think the dog is going to think, gee, I wish that bone was a bit better looking. You're kidding!

I often say, "if the dog won't eat the food, change the dog"!

And to think some of these owners are responsible for some of the rat bags of society we have to deal with on a daily basis. Yet, they treat the dog like a god.

Do you think pet owners (an increaing number of) are going over the top when it comes to the treatment of their pets, esspecially considering many of them are struggling to survive themselves?
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 23 September 2010 7:10:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Read or watch, "The Loved One", and then watch "Best in Show". You'll get a laugh from both. The world is a crazy place, overflowing with crazy people. Vive le difference!
Posted by MindlessCruelty, Thursday, 23 September 2010 10:34:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"if the dog won't eat the food, change the dog"

Too many people think pets are dispensable. If you have an animal, you need to look after it. It's the I own you, what can you do for me mentality that is problematic.

I think "over the top" treatment of animals should be encouraged. It beats the careless disregard of pets. Although I would support the idea of a balance.
Posted by Nicnoto, Thursday, 23 September 2010 10:54:11 AM
Must... control... fist... of... death.

Sorry. People talking about their desire to enslave animals for their own personal gratification and enjoyment continues to annoy the bejeezus out of me.

http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/000000/10000/5000/100/15118/15118.strip.gif
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 23 September 2010 11:22:21 AM
Oh god. A bloke makes a joke, & immediately we have animal lib covering the page.

Go easy people, didn't you read the title of the thread? I can sympathise with the idea.

I'm getting on a bit, & really would not mind downsizing somewhat, if only I could. 20 acres, with 1 3/4 of those in the garden is a bit much these days, but my kids have other ideas.

I still have 2 old show jumpers my eldest left behind when she went to uni, although it was 4 back them back then, 11 years ago. Have you ever tried to bury a horse?

I have 2 dogs, the old one was my sons, the younger my youngest daughters. The younger one frightens the electricity meter reader, so I have to have her locked up when he's due around.

Then there's the 3 cats. The old one came back when her age & incontence made her unable to live in my youngsets unit. The second was bought as company for the eldests cat, but came to me when it was made into a punching bag, by the older cat.

The youngest was a stray kitten that wandered into my sons guarage one wet night, when he was home on convelesant leave. He flew up from Sydney with it, demanding I take it when he was posted back to sea.

Then there's the birds, only 2 now, & the goldfish. I think those fish must be breading, they should not have lasted so long.

Those call centre people wonder why I laugh hysterically when they offer me a cheep holiday. I had to get No2 daughter to come & mind the menagerie when I went off for a single night.

So you are right Rehctub, I know who owns me.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 23 September 2010 12:51:29 PM
Hasbeen,

The guy asked for our opinion and I gave mine, my apologies if it wasn't light hearted enough.
Posted by Nicnoto, Thursday, 23 September 2010 1:17:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy