The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Baby gloomers

Baby gloomers

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Foxy, I want what you're having! Oh dear, I just turned into a baby gloomer!
Posted by dotto, Saturday, 11 September 2010 5:10:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Funny how the order the posts arrive in can change the context. Mine was supposed to be before the:

**Oh baby, I'm going to suck the life out
of those boobs and shag your brains out! ... followed by the follow-up, mission accomplished"**

lol
Posted by dotto, Saturday, 11 September 2010 5:22:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ludwig, I am a baby boomer also. I agree that these years have also seen me questioning what is ahead, although I am thankful not to be back in my teens!

We boomers are expected to live longer and stronger than our parents generation, so I would think carefully about retiring at 55 if I were you! What if you live to one hundred years or beyond?

You would have to have a large super payout or massive savings in order to have an interesting life for that length of time.

The thing is, that most people in our generation will be quite well in our seventies and eighties. So if we don't have plenty to keep us occupied both physically and mentally, we may get quite bored!

That is what is worrying me.
I work in the community with the elderly people living at home.
I am planning not to have to watch my pennies as closely as they do!
Posted by suzeonline, Saturday, 11 September 2010 6:08:43 PM
Foxy and Petej,
You both have a wonderful sense of humor, don't you just love being alive.
Posted by nairbe, Saturday, 11 September 2010 6:21:39 PM
Sorry Ludwig at that age you are not a baby boomer.
The term refers to soldiers on returning home and having kids in the post war years.
I am told the first ten not much more.
Dad did his bit 16 of us and about 9 by your birth year you did say 50.
Cheer up the little things that make life fun, almost always.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 11 September 2010 6:25:32 PM
<< Pink bats in every school >>

<< Mission accomplished >>

Haaaa hahahaahhaaaaa!

I’m not gloomy any more!

Thanks Foxy and petej ( :>)

BTW petej, welcome to OLO.
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 11 September 2010 8:06:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy