The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Independents, a threatened species.

Independents, a threatened species.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
With the outrageous explaination given by the two independents, Tony Winsor and Rob Oakshott, as to why they sided with labor, I would suggest we will see very few independents in paliment moving forward.

Their electrates must be fumming made and, I would suggest that many of them may well vote informal the next time around.

In all fairness, what should have happened was that we should have gone back to the polls.

But hey, these two politicle jockies knew that, but many suspect they had already decided several days earlier. They just wanted to enjoy their moment in the spotlight.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 8 September 2010 6:34:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub:

Yes! I think there will be a lot of very angry
and disappointed people out there in "lecky-land"

A few interesting facts have emerged from the
Election that would help to prevent this deplorable
situation ever occurring again:
1) We should immediately abolish "Preferential
voting!
2) We should immediately abolish "Coalitions",
the joining together of parties to gain a
stronger vote!
3) We should immediately abolish "Compulsory
Voting" whilst at the same time introducing
stringent ID monitoring at the polling booth,
for those who are interested enough to vote!

For anybody out there who may start screaming
about the abolition of the principle of Coalition,
I am myself voted for the Liberals (Coalition)
and I am dismayed that Tony Abbott received 700,000
more votes than Julia Gillard, yet he is still
sitting on the Opposition benches!

Obviously the result that we are now saddled with
does NOT truly represent the opinion of the
majority of the voting public, who indicated
that they wanted other than Labor to run this
country for the next 3 years!
Posted by Crackcup, Wednesday, 8 September 2010 1:56:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey crackcup you really crackmeup; what a disaster we'd have if your suggestions were implemented. Imagine that, all coalitions banned, and preferential voting abolished! Great eh, yep we can then have parties who get 35% of the vote as our government ...... and bugger the other 65% majority who didn't vote for them. But wait, ol' crackhead, oops I mean crackcup, want's to go further. He wants non compulsory voting. So in that situation the 35% of votes could easily be about 15% to 20% of eligible voters. Imagine that ..... a government elected on about 20% ..... and bugger the 80% who didn't vote for them.

Yep crackcup's brave new world of voting fairness. Well thought out crackcup!
Posted by TZ52HX, Wednesday, 8 September 2010 2:17:38 PM
Rehctub, the first sentence of your post could just have easily read "With the outrageous explanations given by the 3 independents, Bob Katter and Tony Windsor and Rob Oakshott (sic), as to why they sided with Labor and the Coalition, I would suggest we will see very few independents in parliment (sic) moving forward".

The fact that you wrote that sentence the way you did, shows your views are based on one thing . . . political bias. It's impossible to have rational political discussions when you're driven by dogma. Though I doubt very much you're interested in a rational discussion, based on your hard line dogma that you've shown in other posts on this site. "Dogma" is something that applies equally to hard line lefties and hard line righties like you.
Posted by TZ52HX, Wednesday, 8 September 2010 2:32:51 PM
Stringent ID. We will have to get an AU card for that.
REHCTUB has been very quiet i thought she was gearing up for something stupid again.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 8 September 2010 3:27:40 PM
I think the Rob Oakshot and Tony Windsor did the right and honorable thing in choosing to back Labor and they should be applauded. They are over and above the mainstream media which runs down the labor party and the greens. Whilst I acknowledge that the coalition got a greater percentage of the 2 party preferred vote by the slenderest of margins, lets not forget 1998 when labor won the 2 party preferred vote 51-49 and still lost
Posted by Dicks, Wednesday, 8 September 2010 4:10:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy