The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > New Election,Disaster for Coalition?

New Election,Disaster for Coalition?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Thinker2 ,If we did have "none of the above" as an option on a ballot paper,there would be an enormous response.Perhaps we should register a new political party called "None of the above" and it be allowed to represent us in Parliament.

In other words we have a default party that represents the disaffected.So if any one election "none of the above" get enough numbers,they get to elect a candidate in their seat whom they trust.

I think we may be onto a new dimension in democracy.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 30 August 2010 7:53:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, I have a great deal of respect for Paul Howes, but I believe he is way too young to be in his position. In a few years, if he can manage to maintain his integrity in the face of the relentless Labor factional politics, he may become a man to reckon with. At the moment he can be nothing more than someone else's man. That man is Shorten and while I respect Shorten's intellect, I don't respect his ethics.

Me, on Sunday:"The count is very close, but with postal votes favouring the coalition it is a strong probability that they will gain the majority of 2-party preferred votes."

From this morning's papers http://www.news.com.au/features/federal-election/pm-julia-gillards-mandate-slips-as-tony-abbott-offers-the-bush-a-deal/story-fn5tas5k-1225912128084

I quote:"JULIA Gillard's claim to government on the basis of winning the two-party-preferred vote in the election has collapsed, with the Coalition overtaking Labor last night by almost 2000 votes."
Posted by Antiseptic, Tuesday, 31 August 2010 5:54:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy