The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Recriminations and finger pointing begin in Labor.

Recriminations and finger pointing begin in Labor.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Keep it up *Shadow* nothing like a bit of verbal S & M between the Liberal and Labour party to improve the GREEN'S standing.

HaHaHa

Aaah, and a beautiful thing to behold with the ALP being gutted like a rotten fish. Absolutely magnificent. And, whilst I am not oft to agree with the likes of J.Howard, I also do believe that T-Bot put in a great effort, and was rewarded by way of the primary vote.

As for the Greens and as said in another thread, I really quite like the idea of them being the "Heart" in the "Tin Man" so to speak, if indeed such a thing is possible.

More specifically, science reveals to us in the clear light of day the realities of climate change, but big business also needs to be brought to heel in a viable, transitional manner.

The best ones to do that, if they are willing, is the Liberal party and for the Greens to earn economic credentials by forging viable, reasonable and rationale solutions which also heads us rapidly towards a solution from the implacable clutches of the scientific predicament within which we find ourselves, would well and truly head them on the path of becoming a party of even greater significance than that which they already are.

"SPLASH!" as another huge glacial chunk in N.Z. falls.
Posted by DreamOn, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 4:02:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OK Antiseptic I'll bite.

I voted for the Greens because they are the only party to offer policies on Climate change, sustainable technologies, equal human rights (for example same sex marriage)...... as I type this I am beginning to suspect you want to be spoon fed...

Check out The Greens policies for yourself:

http://greens.org.au/content/policy-initiatives-2010

All you have to do is click on the link - not too onerous for you?
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 4:32:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Greens did not cost us the election ,but have apart from NSW in March got their best ever, looking for wards too result.
Pumped up with pride at getting that minority vote remember one nation the Democrats and watch the fall of the greens
Shadow my old mate, you expose yourself to ridicule in every word.
You should see my ROFL!
The anti Labor swing in seats all over Australia saw greens votes in the lower house not counted ALP refugees fell for the protest thing and Liberals won over all majority's greens preference did not get counted.
Brilliantly stupid my ex ALP friends, bet you say you did not vote Liberal.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 6:05:25 PM
“I haven't heard a single person say they voted for the Greens because of their policies”

I’m with you Anti, one of the most frequent comments I hear is: “I voted Green because Bob Brown looks or sounds like a nice bloke.”

And it’s probably just as well that Bob is so photogenic, since one or two of his team look decidedly shifty.
http://www.daylife.com/photo/06wZeQg8sv51e
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/breakfast/galleries/2010/2990323/image.htm
(and it looked even worse in the live coverage!)

And yes I know you can't judge a person by their looks etc etc –but as just pointed out, people do.

Anyway ... all I'm trying to say is, while Bob may have fudged it with his good looks, I can't imagine too many saying they voted for the rest of his team because they looked cute-- No siree! the others in the Green team could only have gotten home on the basis of their policy pronouncements.

But the thing that's really funny & puzzling is : Why, on election night, when all the rest of the labour fraternity had long faces,was Kevin Rudd SO HAPPY?

He was positively bubbling over with glee. I can only think there must be something going on behind the scenes with regard to the federal leadership --Could there be a move to REINSTATE KEVIN?
Posted by Horus, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 9:09:18 PM
Col commented on Rudd being the man without a faction. Gillard likewise is not a part of the largest ALP faction. I'm not sure how you can now argue about stable government, when in the last few months Labor has cannibalised an elected Prime Minister in the first term. Political views aside, it doesn't sit well with me that a party can remove a leader, then leak damaging information from within their own party, then turn around and promote the great stability they offer within the space of weeks.

As mentioned, Gillard isn't part of the largest ALP faction and is as susceptible as Rudd was to eviction from within. I'd like them to show me that she won't fall under the axe next time a couple of trade union bosses and power-brokers get flighty with her, before they start talking stability.

As for the Greens, I congratulate them on improving their vote. They certainly have come a long way in the last 10 years.. primarily because they have become more mainstream. This years was the first election I can recall where Greens in my area actively promoted policies on areas other than environmental issues. I'm not as worried as I would have been with them holding the balance of power as I would have been say 5 or 10 years ago. At least in my electorate they seem to be presenting some achievable short-mid term goals, instead of fanciful idealistic policies that only a party that has no chance of gaining Government can make, as they have in the past. Do I trust them? no. People naive enough to think they're not as power motivated as the red and blue team only need to look back to the Tasmanian state election of 2010, where the greens were literally willing to link up with any party possible to gain a piece of the pie, turn-coating on criticisms they'd had of both sides before the vote. This is a party trying to become what Liberal and Labor are, but with a lot less respect for the economy
Posted by Wilson, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 9:43:01 PM
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news/coalition-edges-ahead-in-crucial-seats/story-fn3dxity-1225909594737

Things are looking increasingly slippery for Labor. Not only have they lost Denison, but Corangamite is looking increasingly slim with less than 400 votes separating the ALP and the Libs.

If the worst does happen, there is a possibility that the libs get 74 to Labor's 71, at which point it is all over.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 10:23:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy