The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Recriminations and finger pointing begin in Labor.

Recriminations and finger pointing begin in Labor.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Sorry but I will never ever agree with running to GY about shadow minister.
I find the bloke amusing and yes biased but GY is a conservative and hears much like this every day.
good to see rechtub in agreeing with SM do exactly what we ALP voters are charged with .got to laugh.
this hung Parliament is not a party's fault we voted not the party's.
in my view it is just great for Australia and my party we needed to understand politics not personality's rule.
Know my opinions have been of the mark but this election is the Greens high water mark.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 7:13:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/anna-bligh-puts-blame-on-labor-machine/story-fn59niix-1225909126874

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-election/pm-bans-powerbroker-arbib-from-appearing-on-qa-20100824-13ium.html

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-election/labor-unity-under-question-as-arbib-cancels-tv-spot-20100823-13in4.html

All headlines today. Need I say more?

Perhaps you should complain to these editors of bias.

Why would the independents like to join the snake pit that is Labor?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 7:52:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't believe the Liberal Party has distinguished itself in any profound sense in this election. As has been pointed out, most of the protest vote went to the Greens. Disillusionment in Labor and Gillard was matched by the perception that Abbott is a second tier leader leading a collection of personalities that mirror the odium of the dispatched Howard team...even swinging voters that don't give much in-depth thought to their choice found the Liberals unacceptable.
I have voted Green in the upper house for yonks and in my seat we have been represented by a Green candidate for many years - this time I voted Green in the house of reps - not a difficult decision as I'm in a safe Liberal lower house seat.
This outcome can only be a good thing for the Australian politics...a bit of a slap in the face for the arrogance of a two party dominated system is just what the doctor ordered.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 8:01:44 AM
Well said, Poirot.

My thoughts exactly.

What we have experienced last weekend IS democracy at work. The question which needs to be asked is whether either the Libs or Labor can learn just why so many turned to the Greens, just what were the Greens offering that the major parties had failed to do so?

Items like compassion for asylum seekers, action on environmental pollution, equal rights for all people not just heterosexuals, public funding for public schools, effective transport, comprehensive communication technology to link our wide brown land.... the list goes on.

Will they listen now?
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 8:59:51 AM
rehctub,
For those interested here is a website that shows the prefernce of candidates and parties.

But i agree this info should be made more available

http://www.belowtheline.org.au/
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 9:00:17 AM
Well said, Poirot and Johnny. One obvious result of the election is that the majority of Australian voters don't want a Coalition government, as evidenced by Labor's attraction of a majority of the two-party preferred vote. Another is that many former Labor voters reject the ALP's shift to the Right, as evidenced by their shift to the Greens.

This election should be seen as a loud wake-up call to the Laberals. Democracy is the real winner here.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 9:16:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy