The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Fraudulent Nature of the Pharmaceutical Investment Business

Fraudulent Nature of the Pharmaceutical Investment Business

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
(Full story at Dr.Rath Foundation)
http://www4.dr-rath-foundation.org/open_letters/pharma_laws_history.html#rockefeller
The Laws of the Pharmaceutical Business with Disease
Some people may say that the pharmaceutical industry cannot be that bad. Unfortunately, it is. Fortunately, however, it is very easy for everyone to understand why this industry has such a detrimental effect on millions of human lives.

It is not about individual drugs or individual companies. It is about the principles – the laws – of the pharmaceutical ‘business with disease’. The most important of these laws can be summarized in the following way:

1. The pharmaceutical industry is not a ‘health industry’, but an ‘investment business’ that thrives on the continuation and expansion of diseases.
2. The pharmaceutical industry makes more than 500 billion dollars in profits each year – but only as long as disease exist as their markets.
3. The pharmaceutical industry has built the largest fraud business in human history: it promises health to millions of people, but – instead of providing health – the drug industry delivers ever more diseases, because diseases are the economic basis for the existence of this investment business.
4. In order to protect their multi-billiondollar disease markets with cardiovascular disease, cancer, AIDS and other diseases, the pharmaceutical industry does everything to maintain these diseases and to avoid their eradication.
5. The multi-billion ‘merchandise’ of the pharmaceutical industry is synthetic drugs that are patented, in order to ensure huge profits from patent fees. Only newly invented synthetic molecules can be patented, which explains the toxicity and death rate in people taking these drugs.
6. Building this ‘business with disease’ over the past century, the pharmaceutical industry has raked so much money from this organized fraud that it has become one of the largest and most profitable industries on our planet today.
7. The pharmaceutical industry strategically invests the multi-billion profits from their global fraud business to infiltrate all sectors of society and influence public opinion around the globe.
8. To cover the genocidal dimension of... (see above link)
9. (see full article at above link)
10. (see full article at above link)

Interesting DrRathsite:
http://www4.dr-rath-foundation.org/ad_archive/english.html
Posted by eftfnc, Saturday, 27 January 2007 1:26:46 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I know that multi-national drug companies like to play God.

The price tag of expensive drugs that they charge is not based on the cost of research, the cost of production, or even the cost of marketing or distribution.

The costing is simple.

The more likelihood that the drug will keep you alive, the more expensive the drug. So if your life depends on the drug, that drug will be expensive. For example, Fluconzol costs up to $4,000 per month to treat a patient with some varieties of Meningitis.

HIV drugs cost almost as much. Imagine the strain on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. Now that we are in the US Free Trade Agreement, there is little we can do with it. Australia is already under pressure over "non competitive trade practices" and patents laws over Australian generic brands.

Asprin in Woolworths costs 90 cents a box.

It is indeed an ethical death planet that you have discovered on the Dark Side of the corporate world. Even Darth Vader needs Ventalin.
Posted by saintfletcher, Saturday, 27 January 2007 8:37:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It costs a lot of money for pharmaceutical companies to come up with a new drug. There is significant upfront costs in research, development, lab testing, implementation and approval. A lot of them fail along the way. While it is always desirable to have lower cost drugs (better through government subsidy for people who cannot afford it), it is important to acknowledge that these companies require a fair return for the risk they are taking and as incentives for further research.

It would be inappropriate to single out the pharmaceutical industry and not anyone other companies (big or small) for their profit-making motives. As with your other concern that pharma companies are deliberately making people sick etc, it is the job of the government and regulator to do their job properly, no different to other industries.
Posted by Goku, Sunday, 28 January 2007 8:59:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, it is the job of government to regulate the industry. So why haven't they?
Posted by vivy, Monday, 29 January 2007 9:49:06 AM
Secret conspiracy theories! I suppose man did not land on the moon eftfnc and 9/11 was an inside job done by the American government just so they could invade Iraq!

Did it ever cross your mind that it is these horrible companies are responsible for making all the medical break through and have improved our standard of living and life expectancy for decades and even today still continue to do so.

You honestly think that every company that produces drugs has a “secret” agreement with all others to hold back medical break throughs in the interests of their hip pockets?

Not even one has broken ranks to give the world the cure for cancer or a cure for aids? Imagine how much glory/money and Nobel prizes that person/company would receive! I am sure it would have tempted at least one person to break ranks if what you are saying is true eftfnc.

Do you think that the people who are holding back this research don’t have family and friends who desperately need there help but just so they can make afew extra bucks we will just keep it a secret and let mum die a slow painful death!

You see disease and death are self fulfilling prophecies if heart disease does not get you cancer will, if cancer does not get you MS will, if MS does not get you kidney disease will, if kidney disease does not get you……..
Until we are immortals and godly in physical nature there will always be a squillion dollars to be made when it comes to human health.

This is just another “Big business is out to get us” article!
Posted by EasyTimes, Monday, 29 January 2007 12:15:14 PM
Jesus have you looked at the linked site? Nutty stuff about how nutrients can fix just about any thing. Itll save the goverment a fortune though if people belive this crap because if they get sick theyll leave doctors allone and do there own thing with micronutrients.
Posted by Garth, Wednesday, 31 January 2007 2:17:26 PM
There's plenty of vitamins in nuts!
Posted by Bugsy, Wednesday, 31 January 2007 3:15:20 PM
Garth, you're right in a way...the truth is that we the taxpayers save it first! You know how that works don't you? Big Pharm tells governments this is how much you can get our drugs for. (400 to 1000plus % markup)Governments say yes we'll have it, tells the public we scored a deal for this and that medicine so we can give it to you for a reduced price via health benefits etc.Great deal you might say, we the tax payers paid for them in the firstplace! What a rip-off! That's what the big pharm has been doing for the last umpteen years.Good value? I don't think so...If one just would do the research and find out the actual cost of producing? We are talking about cents not $$$$ Even the research is paid by us. Follow the money.
Posted by eftfnc, Wednesday, 31 January 2007 3:50:31 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bugsy, there are indeed vitamins in nuts as the following shows you:
http://www.newstarget.com/cartoons/Expensive_Urine_600.jpg
Posted by eftfnc, Wednesday, 31 January 2007 5:12:21 PM
eftfnc “the drug industry delivers ever more diseases, because diseases are the economic basis for the existence of this investment business”

I assume, to support this “claim” you are able to evidence some diseases which the pharmaceutical industry has created so they can offer medicines to counter the malady.

I would suggest you present such evidence here and now.

I have a particular interest in “cardiovascular disease” because my father died of it. What have pharmaceutical companies done to ensure this “disease” group has grown?

“synthetic drugs that are patented” but do they work of do they fail. I thought we had the PBS And other institutions available to independently test new drugs.

“Building this ‘business with disease’ over the past century,”

Do you have estimates of average life expectancy had this industry not existed?

“(400 to 1000plus % markup)”

is a matter of how they cost and how R&D Expenses are recovered. High gross margins are usually attributable to particular cost structures. The R&D cost would conventionally be a non-direct cost and thus be funded from the margin generated by direct revenue less direct costs. I would further note, 1000% markup is the same as 91% margin and 400% markup assumes a 80% margin, except it sounds more dramatic.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 31 January 2007 9:35:24 PM
“the drug industry delivers ever more diseases,”

I assume, to support this “claim” you are able to evidence some diseases which the pharmaceutical industry has created so they can offer medicines to counter the malady.
"delivers ever more diseases" Take anti-biotics for example,it is not curing a person,if it is not killing the organisms, the organism will defend itself by reinventing it's form.
Can you recall one medicine ever created which CURED someone?

"I have a particular interest in “cardiovascular disease” because my father died of it. What have pharmaceutical companies done to ensure this “disease” group has grown?"
The question here is:What did his doc prescribe for him,how much has his system before/after medication weakened and what was his dietary intake like during his life?
“synthetic drugs" are synthetic ,meaning the body (most often)does not recoqnise it to be natural.
"I thought we had the PBS And other institutions available to independently test new drugs."
Have you ever seen the results? Ask the TGA about testing of Vaccinations and the Mercury contents they pump into chillers at a very young age,before their immune system has been fully developed.

"Do you have estimates of average life expectancy had this industry not existed?"
There are charts available explaining in detail disease drop "before vaccinations & after introduction" of same. Can't give you the details where the file is, however try to google "Vaccinations"

“(400 to 1000plus % markup)”
I should have said 400 to 1000+ times the actual cost. (which was in cents)

I lost my dad to cancer in the seventies, I tried to get him on vit C injections,his doc refused to do the research I could not change his mind to contact two labs who could administer the Vitamin injections ,one in Mexico the other in Germany.(Dr.Rath as in my first article)
Google:aspartame (e951)(e952),sodium nitrite,msg,fluorolisic acid,thimerosal, http://imva.info (imva archives) Try search for "cardiovascular disease" at http://mercola.com
Posted by eftfnc, Thursday, 1 February 2007 12:20:31 AM
I guess if there are vitamins in nuts, there are probably more in nutbags!

The whole VitC stuff had a fanatical following in the 70's and 80's, one of my old biochemistry professors had a great interest in megadoses and possible uses of vitamin treatment after he contracted cancer. He died too. He was considered an expert on vitamins and metabolism and lectured in it and found in the end that vitamins don't have any effect on diseases like cancer, but they do improve ones sense of wellbeing, if not ones actual condition.

The whole big-pharma thing is just a beatup and the "history" is revisionist conspiracy theory claptrap.
Posted by Bugsy, Thursday, 1 February 2007 2:47:37 PM
“Can you recall one medicine ever created which CURED someone?”

Are you suggesting a pharmaceutical company actually engineers their products to perform at a less than optimum level to ensure patients remain dependent upon them?

Often “cure” is not an option. However, “management” and “containment” is.

I think penicillin can cure the gonorrhea but not syphilis. Would you suggest because penicillin fails to cure syphilis that we ignore its contribution to curing the clap?

“What did his doc prescribe for him. . . .?”

My Dad, like the rest of his generation, lacked the benefit of bypass surgery or contemporary medications (such things having only been developed since he passed away).

Would I change from what has been prescribed for me – not in a fit, the anti-cholesterol meds keep my problems under control, the alternative would be to walk around and feel like a time bomb.

“There are charts available explaining in detail disease drop "before vaccinations & after introduction" of same. Can't give you the details where the file is,”

It was your claim

“Building this ‘business with disease’ over the past century,”

To which I asked

“Do you have estimates of average life expectancy had this industry not existed?”

The onus is on you to substantiate your claim, not for me to disprove it. Please provide evidence that pharmaceutical companies have built a business with disease, rather than a business focused on managing disease conditions, where cures for conditions are not available?

400 or 400%, I doubt the reality of your claims. I am an accountant by profession. Talking margins and markups is part of my “stock in trade” and your claims are dependent upon limited costing practices which would exclude the major “fixed costs” or research, development, testing, corporate overhead, business finance and most other charges commonly carried by a pharmaceutical company.

I lost my dad to heart disease in the 1980’s, as I said, his quality of life, as well as its duration would have been significantly enhanced and extended had he had access to the drugs which pharmaceutical companies have developed since his death.
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 1 February 2007 7:48:47 PM
Eftfnc,there is always a bit of truth in any conspiracy theories.I think that modern medicine has missed the point of often treating the sympton rather than the cause.Often the problem is just our lifestyles and environment which many medical practioners ignore because we all want quick fixes without doing a grease and oil change on our own bodies.This means exercise,good food and time for recreation.

Often it is our own impatience and fast lifestyles that gives us short term fixes from the medical profession and the Pharmaceutial Companies just react to our expectations.

Look at proven natural remedies,modern medicine,and lifestyle changes for better health and lifestyles.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 1 February 2007 9:07:54 PM
Col, one of the points I am trying to make by shoving this article under people's noses is this, the average doctor learns about synthetic medicines from the pharmaceutical co's, they do not learn one iota about natural med's or diets. They are being kept in the dark on purpose and become the equivelant to drugpushers.My own experience:rheumathoid arthritis 15 years ago just as Celebrex (the wonder drug) came out for RA & A sufferers. I got the first pills (pharm rep's gifts) from my doc took them for two years on his recommendation,I finished up with IBS and worse RA.Friend of mine did take them one year longer,finished in hospital with bleeding stomach and was close to death.After 12 years they took them of the market together with Vioxx because they were causing to many deaths and injuries overseas and here. They are US drugs don't forget, made in the US of A and stamped for approval by the FDA and then the TGA.
Now Vioxx is back on the market again approved again by the FDA with a BlackBox warning stating the dangers when taking them.Still they are handed out by...wait for it, the same doctors! Again acting on advice
from BigPharm and the FDA.
Is it dawning in australia yet? Do you know how many doctors have researched natural treatments here in Oz and finished ridiculed and left overseas? Col I can tell you like a good honest argument and I can see you are also the analytical type. I did analyse the article thoroughly and I can't fault it, because there is too much research speaking for the pro's.
pttnp
Posted by eftfnc, Thursday, 1 February 2007 11:19:27 PM
foflp:
Besides if you are worried about fat intake, I will give you a hint:If you are a red-meat eater, soak and cook your meat in water for 2 minutes to leach out most of the sodium nitrite (not Sod.nitrate)and then fry it in pure butter or coconut oil in a stainless steel pan.Any hydrogenised oil is bad, virgin olive oil for cold salads only. Eat sardines to get the good oils.Stay away from shark or bigger fish (Mercury) Brasil nuts are the best.Dark green vegies,dark red fruits and berries, alkalise your water with coral calcium,drank up to 5 drops (35%H2O2 foodgrade)Hydrogen peroxide mixed in juice or water, had up to 2grams of pure VitC per day in juice. That is what I have done to treat my RA,IBS, Menieres disease,acute sciatica and lowered my blood pressure at the same time and cleaned my system with chlorella and spirulina. There you have it.
Posted by eftfnc, Thursday, 1 February 2007 11:21:00 PM
Col, I forgot...I put colloidal silver in my milk to make it last a month or more past the use-by date, I treat my family with the same stuff for colds,cuts and any bacteria or virus under the sun.I put it in my dogs drinking water, there is research going on in African hospitals for HIV,birdflu,VD you name it, all with the same colloidal silver!
Vitamins and minerals and water is what we are made of, so to start one could drink 10ml of filtered seawater three times a day for the best and healthiest intake on this planet, because most of our soils have been depleted of the right stuff.Most dis-eases we have come from emotional disturbances from the past and mal-nutrition is starting to take over.
Posted by eftfnc, Thursday, 1 February 2007 11:40:10 PM
eftfnc “they do not learn one iota about natural med's or diets.”

That sounds like a problem with the medical profession, not the pharmaceutical industry.

Re “Again acting on advice from BigPharm and the FDA.”

Sounds like a problem with FDA

“Most dis-eases we have come from emotional disturbances from the past and mal-nutrition is starting to take over.”

I think things like leprosy, typhus, tuberculosis, malaria, yellow fever, bubonic plague etc. etc. have more to do with physical conditions than “emotional disturbances”.

I would suggest “Most dis-eases we have come from emotional disturbances” is complete rubbish.

Should malnutrition “take over”, it might help counter the effect of all the obese folk who seem to be sprouting up in plague proportions in recent decades.

I find your reasoning lacks credibility.

Oh by the way, I am no friend of big-pharm. Their political lobbying activity and attempts to manipulate patent laws is immoral and not in the interests of the wider community. However, I expect politicians to withstand such partisan interests and remember who elected them in the first place. That, however, is more a problem with politicians.
Posted by Col Rouge, Friday, 2 February 2007 6:32:02 AM
they do not learn one iota about natural med's or diets.”
"That sounds like a problem with the medical profession, not the pharmaceutical industry."
"Sounds like a problem with FDA"
Pharm.Co's got their hands(money) into most learning institutions
and governments overseas and so it is with the FDA.
“Most dis-eases we have come from emotional disturbances from the past and mal-nutrition is starting to take over.”
"leprosy, typhus, tuberculosis, malaria, yellow fever, bubonic plague etc. etc. have more to do with physical conditions than “emotional disturbances”."
Correct Col, physical conditions are the final result.With certain disturbances,whether they are emotional,(as per physiological-psychology) nutritional or straight forward physiological, the end result is similar.

Your claim:"I would suggest “Most dis-eases we have come from emotional disturbances” is complete rubbish."

Do the research at:
http://emotional-freedom-technique.tk

Should malnutrition “take over”, "it might help counter the effect of all the obese folk who seem to be sprouting up in plague proportions in recent decades.I find your reasoning lacks credibility."

Let's say that I am not very good at reasoning hence the lack of credibility.We can agree to disagree after all.

"Oh by the way, I am no friend of big-pharm. Their political lobbying activity and attempts to manipulate patent laws is immoral and not in the interests of the wider community."
I agree again:
http://www.newstarget.com/021533.html

However, I expect politicians to withstand such partisan interests and remember who elected them in the first place.
I do agree that we elected them,but they don't do what the masses want of them. So that means we need to tackle this en-mass.
Posted by eftfnc, Friday, 2 February 2007 8:54:46 PM
I put it to you eftfnc, that you are not really a part of "the masses", if by "masses" you mean the majority.
Posted by Bugsy, Saturday, 3 February 2007 2:06:20 AM
Bugsy,if you really want to look at it from a political point of view,you would be right, imo.
Then you can also go back to the Aus.Constitution which is only an Act from the british government. Our so called pollies are foreign agents sworn in by the English Queen.
Should we go there with this conversation?
Posted by eftfnc, Saturday, 3 February 2007 10:16:24 AM
“Then you can also go back to the Aus.Constitution which is only an Act from the british government. Our so called pollies are foreign agents sworn in by the English Queen.”

If you are that deluded about politics, no wonder you are screwed up with the commerce of Big-Pharm!
Posted by Col Rouge, Sunday, 4 February 2007 9:36:06 PM
Col,If I want your opinion,I'll give it to you.
Posted by eftfnc, Sunday, 4 February 2007 11:46:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy