The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Homes to pay heavy price for internet from NBN

Homes to pay heavy price for internet from NBN

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/homes-to-pay-heavy-price-for-internet-from-nbn/story-fn59niix-1225907517167.

Projections for the take-up of the government's $43 billion NBN could prove optimistic once households realise they face costs of up to $3000 to fully exploit the potential of the super-fast internet.

This is on top of the NBN average cost of $5400 per household to run the fibre cable resulting in connection costs to the internet of up to $160 per month for the full 100Mbps speed.

If signing up is not mandatory the NBN will go to the wall as did the Cross city tunnel company and the Lane Cove tunnel company.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 20 August 2010 8:20:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM

Clearly you are stuck in a warp.
Your wording is deceptive the $3000 will be part of the $43 billion Nich wahr?

your prose and your bent seems to suggest that in is an additional out of pocket by the individuals.

What you consistently ignore is that it the service will be competitive priced (cross subsidised) where As I have amply shown is NOT the case today. Telstra is the is the diarrheatic Mastodon in the room/exchanges.

On one hand in addition you still don't accept the reality that what is available today will not even be close to what will be available tomorrow including services, jobs and boosts to the economy.

The other key flaw in your argument is that the $43 billion may never get spent from the public purse.

As stated before your (the coalition's) option is/ will be inadequate, simply maintain status quo.

Given this is the umpteenth time you've raised this topic you should be aware that.
a. Those who support the NBN will continue to do so.
b. Those who won't won't
c You are flogging this Falabella to death as far as most thinking non Conservative go.

In my mind the NBN is more productive and beneficial to Australians that an 'over priced' but ultimately out gunned foreign expeditionary military. And the foreign policy Joke that current afflict both sides.

And the hysterical bollocks put out by Tony Abbot
- HE will decide which boats come here...How? dictator?
- He's not worried by the 10K over stayers because the "had papers"!
Posted by examinator, Friday, 20 August 2010 10:27:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gotta say it, that story is total rubbish. $3000?

I should go into business, years ago I did my house with cat5 myself in about 2 hours, cost me all of 100 bucks. Then a couple of years after I had done it, the speed of wireless routers improved, and I get just as good a speed from my wireless network now anyway.

For most situations this will be entirely unnecessary, and the cost is overstated. Also wireless routers are getting faster and faster. But, having said that, the reasons it is unnecessary is most people don't need all that bandwidth anyway. Which means we don't really need the NBN to go to the home right now.
Posted by Houellebecq, Friday, 20 August 2010 10:35:51 AM
More lies from the australian and SM.
Posted by mikk, Friday, 20 August 2010 11:24:45 AM
aaaah..it's a good feeling when the Green at the AEC 'BEGS' you for your vote :) and explaining to him:

"I'll do what I feel is in the best interests of the nation and my family"

at which point he kind of "Oh noooooo...groannnnn"

The LIBS are trying to steal FAMILY FIRST's thunder by placing HUGE "Family Values" lettering on their how to vote cards.

Labor..well.. same old.

NBN.. ah now this is an important issue. I've found what seems to be a reasonable analysis of what confronts us here:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/43544/20100816/nbn.htm

But Shadow M..thanx for at least mentioning the costs or potential costs.

Exammy.. you seem to be "High" on Labor/Left/Green Ecstasy tablets mate.. you didn't say much of any value there.. just picked on SM.

I don't think the Coalitions position is 'status quo' but honestly.. I've not looked real close at it.

LABOR VERSION will benefit Labor aligned

a) Consultants
b) Construction companies
c) Labor Ex pollies looking for a good golden handshake and a gr8 job post politics.

COALITION VERSION will benefit Liberal aligned

a) Consultants
b) Construction companies
c) Liberal Ex pollies looking for a good golden handshake and a gr8 job post politics.

These "parties" are not about "National Interest" but SELF interest.

The Greens are just insane.. who would vote for their crazed wild eyed creeping, furry things ?

That leaves..FAMILY FIRST yayyyy :)
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Friday, 20 August 2010 12:12:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<< The Greens are just insane.. who would vote for their crazed wild eyed creeping, furry things ? >>

That's quite hilarious, given who wrote it. Pot, meet kettle.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 20 August 2010 12:30:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy