The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Abbott stealing taxpayers money?

Abbott stealing taxpayers money?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Tony Abbot has been accused of using taxpayers money to promote his book "Battle Lines".

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2965933.htm

Glenn Milne is a respected investigative journalist well known to have conservative leanings.
Why is this not being reported in the MSM and why hasnt Abbott been asked to respond?
If this is true shouldnt Mr Abbott be investigated and prosecuted?

Is defrauding the taxpayer for personal gain worse than opposing the rise in the pension or payed parental leave?
If so why are all the papers/online sites leading with the leaks concerning Ms Gillards cabinet discussions?
Posted by mikk, Wednesday, 28 July 2010 10:53:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A book?. He hasn't done anything yet...
Posted by StG, Wednesday, 28 July 2010 11:17:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mikk,

Your comments are looking extremely stupid in the light of Ms Gillard opposing pension increases and maternity leave. You opened your trap to quickly.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 28 July 2010 11:19:56 AM
runner
Hang on isnt opposing such spending exactly what the coalition lives for?
How can they (and you) be such hypocrites?

What about Abbott spending taxpayers money on promotional events for his book? A blatant rort of his travel allowances.
Where are the answers?
Posted by mikk, Wednesday, 28 July 2010 11:53:34 AM
Opposing pensions and maternity leave?. Cherry picking there much?.

Quote from news.com

"“Of course I wanted to see a pension increase and paid parental leave.

"I want to make it very clear ... between the pensioner rise and paid parental leave scheme we are talking about expenditure of more than $50 billion over the next 10 years. That's a lot of money. The question [then] at the forefront of my mind was, are they affordable?," Ms Gillard said.

"I believe that is the appropriate approach to take. “I understand that some might say if you don't sign on the dotted line that somehow you lack passion for it. Frankly, that analysis is ridiculous and absurd. You can be passionate about something and smart-headed about getting it done."

“So, if people want a Prime Minister who has $50 billion spending put before them and sign it without question, I am not it. The central thing to ask is, are they affordable?" she said."
Posted by StG, Wednesday, 28 July 2010 12:26:11 PM
Have a look at the front page of the daily telegraph.

Then have a look at the Newcastle herald.

Newcastle labor/union central cant tell the people about the bad stuff.
Posted by tapp, Wednesday, 28 July 2010 1:25:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy