The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Abbott stealing taxpayers money?

Abbott stealing taxpayers money?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Belly,

If you don't believe me, then perhaps you could enlighten me as to my misconception as to the purpose and protocols of using the travel allowance. Please don't hesitate to point to where the law was broken, or even where any protocols were broken.

I'm pretty sure that you have absolutely no idea and are just huffing and puffing at nothing.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 30 July 2010 3:33:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I dare say part of the reason for the silence is that both parties do it and they each have just as much dirt on each other to bring about their mutually assured destruction if either side pulled the trigger.

This however does not let the craven and cowardly media off the hook. What else are they for but to expose such malfeasance? Who else is there to do it?
Could it be that the concentration of media ownership is having the exact effect its detractors warned of?
Too many otherwise good and competent journalists beholden to the likes of murdoch for their lively-hood and thus too scared to do any real investigative journalism and expose those who defraud the taxpayer and the country in case it upsets their employer?
The subsequent silence from the ABC condemns them and their government masters just the same as newslimited and fairyfax et al.
Posted by mikk, Friday, 30 July 2010 4:07:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I absolutely agree Mikk, manipulation of public opinion by the press/media
is a major problem in this country. Thank you for drawing attention to it.
Posted by thinker 2, Friday, 30 July 2010 5:15:08 PM
SM you are trying to hide some facts the bloke was on private business selling HIS book.
todays national news paper and its whole stable are shameful.
Look for outcomes of the hidden agenda.
this story would be on every front page if it was an ALP one
IF conservatives win on such deep mud this country has hard times ahead remember no GST a pledge from Howard?
How long would it be before a return to workchoices?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 31 July 2010 5:18:29 AM
Belly>>
IF conservatives win on such deep mud this country has hard times ahead remember no GST a pledge from Howard?

Just remember, he took this to the electrate and won. The people chose the GST, not John Howard.

How long would it be before a return to workchoices?

I can assure you that if something is not done, and fast, about the removing of hoops between small business employers and employees, there will be far less jobs out there to protect.

Factory workers, office workers, no worries, but hospitallity and retail have been hit hard with the new IR laws and it's going to kill off jobs if something serious is not done, and fast!

My guy with the three restuarants has just closed one on Sundays because wages went to 50% of the takings for the day. This is in Cains where jobs are at a premium.

16 staff have no shift now on Sundays, yet they were happy with the previous arrangements.

So much for 'no worker will be worse off', hey!

As I say, it's back to the 70's we go!
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 1 August 2010 6:54:03 AM
Belly, Mikk, thinker2,

Can you honestly claim that the book "Battle lines" which was about his life and policies has nothing to do with the political campaign?

If his book was a cook book, then you might have a case, otherwise this thread is complete BS.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 1 August 2010 5:31:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy