The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I had a dream

I had a dream

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
"Yesterday was another of those 'mind body spirit' things where I manned a Christian stand"

How wonderful, but if you like to experience even greater wonders indeed, why not place your stand inside the "Ladies" toilet? Surely you will then see the stars!

But if you rather prefer a down-to-earth experience, try placing your stand inside a mosque.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 26 July 2010 6:18:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lol, Yuyutsu, but you are asking for trouble there!

I must admit to being a skeptic about ESP, real life dreams, Martians, bible stories, and other fairy tales.

I would have thought that, after so many years of working as a nurse in many areas of health, I may have come across the odd miracle, or ghost, or strange unexplained happenings.
But no, none at all.

Maybe being in a profession that does not involve selling strange objects to prove my worth goes some way to explaining why I have never seen any proven supernatural experience?
Posted by suzeonline, Monday, 26 July 2010 7:55:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Suze,

I imagine that as a nurse you've provided
comfort, peace, and compassion, to many
patients and their families over your many
years in practice, during their most vulnerable
moments. Perhaps, you haven't experienced
any "supernatural" moments, because the real
miracle all along, in your work has been you.
The guardian angel to everyone...
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 26 July 2010 8:17:11 PM
Boazy I do not intend to take the stick to you on this subject.
Such things happen and evidence is not hard to find it has always been so.
Another long ago thread went very long on this subject.
We use words like precognition and such to talk about it.
However my overly Christian brother would run away from your fair convinced it is from the devil and he would remind you such storys as this are the devils work.
However his next original thought will be his first.
I think almost every human has had such a dream.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 27 July 2010 6:32:20 AM
Belly

>> However his next original thought will be his first. <<

LOL

Such is the lot of the religious fundamentalist. And why I tend to skim the posts of AGIR, Richie10, and the like. Nothing new here, best to move on.

AGIR

There is such a lot to learn that no single lifetime can possibly encompass the wealth of knowledge, it is beyond a single person's abilities. However to waste all your time on a single cause moves you beyond regrettable and renders you wantonly negligent.
Posted by Severin, Tuesday, 27 July 2010 10:02:02 AM
Foxy, thanks for your kind words :)
After years of listening to the same stories of some patients who have claimed to have 'seen the light' during a near death experience, I was beginning to wonder why I have never 'seen' any ghosts or spirits in the hospital corridors over the years!

Surely in places like hospitals, where deaths occur frequently, if there are supernatural beings to be seen, I should have seen them by now?

Many patients also described strange happenings in their dreams during or after anesthetics or while unconscious. Having often been in the operating theatre or emergency department with them during their operations or experiences, I have been able to tell them that these 'dreams' did not actually happen.

That's not to say that there hasn't been some strange unexplained occurrences I was told about by other nurses that have happened to patients.
Just never to me!
Posted by suzeonline, Tuesday, 27 July 2010 7:54:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy