The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > PM Gillard endorses OLO approach to debate but does it work?

PM Gillard endorses OLO approach to debate but does it work?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
Political correctness gone too far - the pesky 'u' after the pesky 'q'.

Ok, yeah ... I agree entirely, move'em up, move'em out, and movin on.
Posted by qanda, Sunday, 18 July 2010 3:36:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ginxy

One last post before I “move on”.
Penultimate actually – I’m going to reply later to yet another ad hom on the “satellite” thread by Michael Lemonick, 15/7/2010. Besides, I will be busy with helping some country folk in our food bowl deal with their area’s changing rainfall patterns, you know ... the how’s and the why’s, what to do and how to manage it.

Anyway, the irony Ginxy is that in one fell swoop, I have been “silenced” by your response (which I wholly endorse) to some, er ... correspondence from “admin”, rather than receiving it myself. All I have ever asked of “admin” is that they apologise to me, or say sorry. They couldn’t or wouldn’t, much like a former politician I once knew.

Is NOT being able to say “sorry mate, I got it wrong – let bygones be bygones, let’s move on” a character flaw? Maybe, maybe not. That’s not really at issue. What is at issue is the subject of Graham Young’s initial post, including;

PM Gillard says “People should feel free to say what they feel ...” and Graham agreeing, saying “this is the OLO approach.”

All I did was agree with the PM, and called a spade a spade.

In answer to Graham’s question; “has it made a difference to how the OLO community approach this issue?”
Yes, Ginxy (and Belly) – I for one am burning the bridge (after one last post that is).

To all my supporters, and detractors ... sorry.
Posted by qanda, Monday, 19 July 2010 10:45:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As you've addressed me,-I'll respond qanda.

It is a fairly precise response. Last night I went through 50-odd 'pages' of responses to the Monckton article.

I wasn't here during that period (TG!). I was curious as to the reference to it by yourself and CJ.

I said precise response:

You have absolutely NO NEED to apologise. For anything.

I still think that these matters should now be closed.

For now.
Posted by Ginx, Monday, 19 July 2010 11:03:39 AM
qanda: << I for one am burning the bridge (after one last post that is).

To all my supporters, and detractors ... sorry. >>

Well I for one will be sad to see you go. You've been a voice of light and reason, particularly in discussions about climate change. I do recall seeing some comments addressed to you from Graham that I thought were quite inappropriate at the time.

All the best, qanda.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 19 July 2010 11:31:22 AM
QANDA

I am very upset to learn that you are indeed leaving. I have enjoyed your knowledgeable posts on climate change. I also felt validated to hear that you and others have had similar experiences to mine.

Of course, you may always return later. When I was very ill last year I thought I wasn't returning, as my energy levels were and remain poor.

So I will say, au revoir, mon ami.
Posted by Severin, Monday, 19 July 2010 11:48:16 AM
hey Qanda, I too will miss your knowledgeable and well reasoned posts. Hurry back. Cheers, Grim.
Posted by Grim, Monday, 19 July 2010 12:08:06 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All