The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > TONY ABBOTT..please...no Emissions TRADING scheme!

TONY ABBOTT..please...no Emissions TRADING scheme!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
This morning I heard on the news that Tony Abbott is talking to the Greens about an "Emissions TRADING Scheme".

I've already laid the groundwork for people to understand that 'trading' and 'emissions' are simply making some very rich people even richer..

PROBLEMS.. Aside from the problems of 'vested interest' from various identities and political interests, the idea of "trading" is not neccessary to achieve the desired goal of reducing our carbon footprint.

Accountability is a horrific aspect. You pay money to buy 'Carbon Credits' which then go.....where ? we have no clue how genuine or feasible or even untainted by 3rd world corruption the 'offsets' side of things is.

CO2 OR SOCIAL AGENDA ? Closely linked to the whole idea of 'emissions trading' are 'social' goals linked to AGENDA 21 (look it up)

SIMPLE SOLUTION... as I've said already.. rather than 'trade'... a simple carbon tax, easily administered and dirECTLY applied to Solar Panel/Grid Connect inverters will immediately reduce our carbon footprint, AND our electricity costs!

Why does it have to be so complicated as the Greens/Labor/Abbott(?) would have us believe?
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Monday, 21 June 2010 8:05:20 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agree- no 'Trading' scheme at all. It's nothing but a gigantic con.
Posted by King Hazza, Monday, 21 June 2010 2:09:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Spread the word Hazz... for more info see Glenn Beck.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOBLr9fCjj0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft8LfE7AI2w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvcuylMrkXk&feature=related
Hoax Planned in 1961

It sure isn't often that "I" will quote or link to the Green Left Weekly..but in this case I'll make a measured exception.

http://www.greenleft.org.au/node/36791

They are correct about the capitalists making megabucks out of it all, but incorrect about the solution being 3rd world Justice as they see it.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/01/12/carbon-trading-fraud-in-belgium-up-to-90-of-the-whole-market-volume-was-caused-by-fraudulent-activities/

FRAUD is rife.

http://www.takepart.com/news/2010/06/14/kyoto-unprotocol-watchdog-group-unearths-carbon-fraud

But to me..the clearest evidence of the 'scam' side of things is in the people who are driving the agenda and how they are connected to the profitable aspects, through directorships and shareholdings and WORSE oh MUCH worse... political intrigue to FORCE people to sign up.

This is lynch pin of the whole thing.. voluntary involvment won't bring in the biggggGGGG bucks.. but LAWS will ensure it.

SO...."laws" to force TRADING.. are BAD laws... very bad laws.

Laws which directly contribute to our own lowering of our OWN carbon footprint in Australia.. by subsidizing SOLARpanel/Grid connect inverters... are GOOD laws.

They also happen to be a shipload easier and less costly to administer.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Monday, 21 June 2010 2:58:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ALGOREisRICH,

we will end up with some sort of scheme despite the fact that it is a con. There are actually some 'true believers' in the gw camp.They swallow pseudo science which mostly stems from the evolution myth. Fortunately like the evolution myth the different dogmas that many of the prideful scientist have clash with each other. They try the old line that 'the science is settled' knowing full well that even among their own faith their is many different opinions. The fact that the IPCC report was manipulated, twisted and fraudulent was enough to convince many just wanting the truth to have their eyes opened a little. Abbot knows that his private belief and instinct of gw being cr*p is true but politically unacceptable. Rudd also knows that his rhetoric of moral dilemmas was nothing but hypocrisy. We are all already paying much more for water, electricity gas etc in order to fund these men in white coats doing a pathetic job at playing god. It is a pity they don't do something useful about real environmental issues. We all want a cleaner less damaged world but unfortunately the green religion does more damage than good.
Posted by runner, Monday, 21 June 2010 3:12:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
King Hazza:>>Agree- no 'Trading' scheme at all. It's nothing but a gigantic con.<<

Correct, down to the last detail.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 21 June 2010 4:17:36 PM
Boazy, nothing personal but I find it hard to pretend you are any one else.
Worry not, Abbott will NEVER lead this country.
We will have an ETS, it may well be bought about one day by a Liberal government.
Now polls against me, I again say here openly,an understanding of the basic,s of politics will show you your party is not going to win.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 21 June 2010 5:02:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy