The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Lesson in Racism

A Lesson in Racism

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
"Kids watch this game, they idolise the players, they also copy them, the longer this continues unchecked the longer they'll copy it"

Pardon me for being a non-sporty person, but isn't that more than half the trouble?

That a mere game is elevated to squillion dollar heights with false gods painted as a common folks hero to impressionable people (and it seems there are far to many adults who buy into this nonsense, so I am not just thinking of the 'kiddies' here)is the underlying issue, so I believe anyway.

These people are not the greatest of intellects, or so it seems, with nightly moaning about the 'Due-Jidishery' casting a vote on yet another thug and his common assault, broadcast to millions of dumbstruck goons ready and waiting to absorb, blotting paper style, the next lesson in 'how to behave like a Hero', brought to you by a piss-up company and a dodgy news service.

Is it just time for a national 'growing up' exercise, which would see the end of the brainless getting so much publicity in the first place?

All those who are supporting this player for walking off the job (and I have no complaints about that, but I have no idea who he is or who he plays for, or what he plays for that matter)should perhaps consider packing in their support for the game altogether, and just go and support a local team near where they live.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Tuesday, 15 June 2010 2:45:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nothing to do with what is and is not PC, it comes down to what will be the response of the Referees to the hauling off & dropping of people who make such comments to the wrong person. Inevitably, it is the person who has been sledged that gets penalised, not the person who is in breach of the rules in the first place.

Anyway, how can you equate "Racial Vilification" which is rightly illegal, with some bizarre right to wear an article of clothing that restricts the ability to identify people who wear it? That comes down to identification of potential lawbreakers, which most here understand is necessary & in order for it to be possible, no-one may wear enclosed headgear in certain areas, full stop.

I'm not saying that one should tell stop the Muslim CU^t to take it off, see the difference?
Posted by Custard, Tuesday, 15 June 2010 3:37:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"with nightly moaning about the 'Due-Jidishery' casting a vote on yet another thug and his common assault"

That's one place where they could make a quick change. Where an assault occurs have the matter dealt with by the police rather than by a judiciary with a vested interest in the game. A player who chooses to initiate a violent conflict should be treated in the same manner as any other worker who physically assaults a co-worker. In this case at the higher levels most assaults would have police as witnesses as well as multi-camera recording of the incident.

Being passionate about the game should never be an excuse or be portrayed as an excuse for assault (as seemed to occur during last year's State of Origin).

If the codes really think that they are running a boxing competition then haul out the boxing ring at half time and do it properly.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 15 June 2010 4:33:55 PM
Yeah rightio rechtub, ya "sink them thar mooslim boat peoples terrorist queue jumping foreigners pauline hanson loving Cletus"Posted by StG

Well, don't know what this has to do with the thread, but hey, some things never change.

RoBert>>Being passionate about the game should never be an excuse or be portrayed as an excuse for assault (as seemed to occur during last year's State of Origin).

True league fans love a bit of 'rough stuff'. In fact, our pussy society has all but made the game into a bit of a joke.

After all, it's a tough game played by tough guys who love a bit of biff themselves.

State of origin should be separte from NRL and, what happens on the field should stay there and visa versa.

It is yet another example of how PCisum is turning our men into whimps.

God help us if a war breaks out here cause I doubt we could rely on the 'modern man' to defend us.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 15 June 2010 6:31:17 PM
" Certain areas are not and cannot be used for sledging"

Why assume that racial sledges are worse than others? Some people don't care about their race, as is their right. Some people genuinely care about sledges that they aren't socially allowed to get offended over.

"If one player cannot return fire, best stop the other starting it.'

I hope that you aren't implying that white people aren't as tough as aboriginal people. That would be racist.
Posted by benk, Tuesday, 15 June 2010 7:37:17 PM
In my initial post, when I said, "I just really think there - (which seems apparent in the wider Au community, as well) - is a certain amount of ignorance towards racism..."

rehctub is a CLASSIC example of what I was referring too. He just has NO idea what the problem is. That is apparently endemic to large portions of white Australia. It's a joke, or they're just soft, or they don't REALLY mean it how the recipient is taking it, and it's their fault they took it that way.

He will have the same attitude towards sexual harassment, immigration and various other issues that don't fit his persona.

Really bizarre psychology and I wish I understood it better.
Posted by StG, Tuesday, 15 June 2010 9:41:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy