The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Green votes and Major Parties.

Green votes and Major Parties.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
I honestly don't see how true 'Global' Governance would be any less prone to corruption and spin and 'fixed' outcomes as local governance would be.
"Autonomous regions" Hazza are seldom that in reality. Look for
-Migration patterns forced on them by the 'Big Brother' government.
-Resource exploitation by the same.

See China...and mineral discoveries in Tibet.

Ultimately.. 'Global Governance' in the mind of the Greens..in my opinion is as much about 'social' as environmental. And that's what worries me.

The Greens were RABID in trying to force faith schools to employ Gay teachers in Victoria a while back.. they were held back only by the Right wing of the Labor party. (the left was 100% with the Greens)
*Pause* :)
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Friday, 11 June 2010 10:18:30 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, having said I already opposed global governance I really don't see the point in explaining to me why its bad when I know most of all why.

Having said that, I do not believe for one second that Liberals, Nats or Labor would for a second stand up for Australia's sovereign interests (seeing that it was Liberal and LAbor pollies that signed us up in the first place to the UN, Libs keep folding to other country's interests (especially the USA) and Labor have sold off everything Australia owned and floated our dollar). For that matter, there are only two or three parties with a staunch no-compromise policy (One Nation, Australia First) and some independents (of which do not even exist in many electorates- so to vote for them is easier said than done).

-To be honest I don't really feel other country's disputed zones are any of our business, period.

-Thirdly, as an atheist I can't honestly say I'm thrilled faith schools even exist.
Posted by King Hazza, Friday, 11 June 2010 11:52:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I believe we are more likely to see agreement and peace made in the Middle East before the implementation of a World Government.

Too many people believe they are "right", from the religious to the political ideologues.

KH

Agree with your strategy to use preferential voting system to put the Libs/Nats/Labor in their place.
Posted by Severin, Friday, 11 June 2010 12:09:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Al
We are coming at cross purposes in regard to global governance - what do you think is meant by global governance?

Without an understanding of your fears I cannot comment. I see global governance much in the same way as KH, an adherence to international laws.
Posted by pelican, Friday, 11 June 2010 3:21:52 PM
Hey Pelican

I thought Ai was referring to the New World Order conspiracy that neo-cons claimed would be the result of the Copenhagen summit. Sort of a 21st C version of 'reds under the bed'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_%28conspiracy_theory%29

I'm with you and KH in that all countries have common interests and responsibilities such as fishing rights, aiding refugees and other cooperative endeavours.
Posted by Severin, Friday, 11 June 2010 4:04:39 PM
Of course it's the New World Order of commie Greens disguised as capitalists!

Didn't you know they have a plan to enslave and corrupt the world by introducing gay heroin into the water supply?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 11 June 2010 4:22:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy