The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Workplace drug and alcohol testing

Workplace drug and alcohol testing

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. All
Suzeonline

I believe your real-life experiences have a great deal to do with your attitude towards illegal drugs. I'd be interested to know, what other solutions other than decriminalisation you would suggest. You did admit that alcohol is less of a problem than Ice - do you think this is the result of public education and greater understanding of the effects?

Anti

You tried to score some Ice and came up empty handed. This proves nothing. I place more weight on what a nurse in an emergency ward has to say, than I do someone who still persists in using derogatory statements about those with whom he disagrees:

>> Frankly, Suzie, I think you're just gabbing with no idea of what you're talking about. <<

Suze has far greater knowledge about drugs than you. Where we disagree is on whether these drugs should remain illegal. What are the alternatives to drug users winding up either dead, brain damaged or with criminal records, or a combination of above mentioned?

Chill out. Is it too early for your daily spliff?
Posted by Severin, Sunday, 30 May 2010 9:32:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Severin:"Suze has far greater knowledge about drugs than you. "

I frankly doubt that. Her statements here are reflective of the hysterical press releases produced by prohibitionist authorities and have little relevance to real life.

I can state with a fair degree of certainty that there is basically NO ice to be had in Brisbane or the Gold Coast at present - not even a gram. Furthermore, there has not been any available for at least several months. Therefore her claim that it is the biggest problem for A&E departments is prima facie wrong. It may have been so six months ago and it may be so next month, but it has not been so for some time and is not so now.

The rest of your post is riddled with fallacies.

Let's look at: "someone who still persists in using derogatory statements about those with whom he disagrees:" followed by :"Suze has far greater knowledge about drugs than you" and the wonderfully well-poisoning effort :"Chill out. Is it too early for your daily spliff?"

Dear me, Severin, are you actually able to discuss anything at all without resorting to insult and irrelevancy?
Posted by Antiseptic, Sunday, 30 May 2010 9:40:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Antiseptic, I personally know 2 Registered nurses and five Doctors that work in the A&E in our town, and a further 5 Registered Nurses who work in various A&E departments in our nearby city.

They all say that crystal meth (ICE) is a huge problem at present, especially with causing aggression in patients.

I guess they could be imagining it though? How many medical staff do you know personally? Or do you get all your info off the net?

Now, I think I will leave this thread before I get in trouble for abuse or bullying.
Posted by suzeonline, Tuesday, 1 June 2010 9:14:01 PM
Suzeonline:"I personally know 2 Registered nurses and five Doctors that work in the A&E in our town"

Good for you, that must be convenient when you nick your legs shaving.

Auzeonline:"They all say that crystal meth (ICE) is a huge problem at present, especially with causing aggression in patients. "

Aah, do they? They must be right then, and all those drug dealers who would be quite happy to sell me some if they had any must be just playing silly buggers eh?

FYI Suzie, there is a lot of poor quality methamphetamine about at the moment, lots of cocaine apparently, but there ain't no ice.

Want to know why?
Posted by Antiseptic, Wednesday, 2 June 2010 6:31:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy