The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Kevin Rudd...worst ever

Kevin Rudd...worst ever

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
The Rudd government inherited a $90 billion comfort zone via a $20 billion Federal budget surplus and the $60 billion Future Fund. In a single parliamentary term the Labour Party has managed to turn a $20 billion surplus into a $60 billion deficit. Net Federal liability has gone from zero to a projected $180 billion debt.
It took ten years to pay back a $96 billion debt inherited from the last Labour government, who took a decade to run it up. How long will it take to pay this one back? Labour party hacks look back quite rightly at the infrastructure deficits of the Howard years, but they do not consider that the windfall revenues of that period went to pay back Labour government debt.
In this climate you would think that even the most ardent grass roots Labour supporter would see what a pathetic spin orientated lot we have guiding our once prosperous country (it is still prosperous, just not for the citizenry of our nation). But as I go about my day to day business activities I find that the masses are not aware of the raw numbers involved and the debt trap that has been visited upon us. This is due to the media giving a free ride to the Labour party. They may report the waste and mismanagement when the issue arises from the voice of the people in the only forum we have left (talk back radio), but they report on the issue only once, and in a low key prominence, why have the media been shackled? Could it be the tax breaks that our treasurer has bestowed on the media segment? I am not a political animal but these talk fest no action clowns are a disgrace, it’s third world quality government that sees a very few prosper on the money of the majority. I am sick to the stomach when I hear the lies and spin that the elected government considers fit for our consumption. We are fools.
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 4 May 2010 9:10:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All politicians are wedded to short term fixes as most of the electorate are only interested in their own week-to-week vision. Politicians know this, although the present mob play it to the hilt. God help us (so to speak) if China falls over with its property bubble.
Posted by snake, Tuesday, 4 May 2010 10:17:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But
you know what
these people who vote for political parties dont care.

This is due to the fact that the only thing they care about is who's party is in power and they want it to be theirs.

We are just collatorel and its about party power and who has the most.

Stuart Ulrich
Independent
Posted by tapp, Tuesday, 4 May 2010 10:18:47 AM
www.climatesceptics.org.au is reforming into an alternative political party.
Posted by phoenix94, Tuesday, 4 May 2010 10:50:28 AM
Further to my disenchantment with Kevin Rudd. The ETS was a have to implement at any cost to save our future issue that has now lost its immediacy. My belief is that Kev does not give a hoot about the issue, other than it being a token that he could take to the U.N. when he moves towards his next vocation.....the United Nations. He certainly has the rhetoric for it and thus far a raft of failed schemes that had "good intent" at their base. I am serious when I state, most of our PM's had reached the zenith of their career path when they captained Australia, but Kevin is using us as a stepping stone to a career of non specific “specificity” with the U.N. He is no friend or leader to his fellow Aussies, he is all about himself. Many friends who reside in the corridors of power in Canberra told me during the Kevin 07 campaign that he was a prima donna to work with and totally self absorbed, sadly they are correct.
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 4 May 2010 2:23:31 PM
Correct Sonofgloin.The really big rub is that Kevin has borrowed from China to pay for inflation here.We get the interest bill and debt while the RBA sucks this surplus cash out via interest rates to the big end of town.I heard a comment today,"the Resreve Bank is doing the heavy lifting and the Govt needs to do more with stimulus."Hang on here.Wouldn't it had not been better just to lower interest rate 12mnth ago and have no stimulus or OS borrowing to create inflation?

The RBA should be sacked.They pannicked Kevin into this mess and it is not over.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 4 May 2010 5:46:41 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy