The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Relatives should go after the Judge.

Relatives should go after the Judge.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
You're right Examinator, I should not have referred to these "lebs" as wild dogs. Wild dogs are rarely cowardly curs.

As for the POW thing, I have yet to meet amn old soldier who is not disgusted at some of the slime we have let into the country, they suffered so much to defend. He would probably agree that what he suffered is too good for this filth.

Perhaps it's not a bad thing that some of them, like my dad, are not around to see what a mess we have made of their legacy.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 24 March 2010 3:46:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I can understand your anger Hasbeen, given the horrible experience of your son - nonone should have to experience that kind of violence.

However based on your generalisations about Lebanese, and on the basis of this thread's car chase scenario, all Australians must be car thieving, police evading hoons.

With respect people only remark on the race of a perpetrator when the race is not their own.
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 24 March 2010 4:00:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
RobP: << It looks more and more like some true justice may have been done here. >>

And what exactly did the baby do to deserve the death penalty?

Hasbeen - sorry to hear about your son and glad to hear he's on the mend, but what does the assault on him and the purported ethnicity of his attackers have to do with the Canberra case? Other than the fact that they're both crimes, I don't see the connection.

One thing to consider is that if you send a car thief or other petty criminal to prison, you can pretty well guarantee he'll come out a more hardened criminal with a high probability of reoffending. At least with probation, there's some chance of him seeing the error of his ways and ceasing to offend.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 24 March 2010 4:23:20 PM
CJ writes
'One thing to consider is that if you send a car thief or other petty criminal to prison, you can pretty well guarantee he'll come out a more hardened criminal with a high probability of reoffending.'

on the other hand
if you don't send a car thief or other petty criminal to prison, you can pretty well guarantee he'll re offend and cause much more harm to the public as just witnessed. Just look at the number of offenders out on parole who cause pain to others. Some drink drivers have lost their licence up to 8 times and yet it does not stop them driving. Check out Singapore and you will see how pathetic the 'let off lightly theory' works.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 24 March 2010 5:47:53 PM
The really sad thing is that if you get convicted for fishing in a 'green zone', Just plain old fishing, even if you happen to drift there, unintentionally, then you automaticly get tagged as a criminal and have a criminal record for life.

So the question is, why did this looser get off for stealing cars, when many people now have criminal records for fishing in a green zone?

Just an example of how bizar the laws have become in this country.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 24 March 2010 6:15:03 PM
examinator - you show AGAIN exactly my point: my post WASN'T "superficial" and it certainly wasn't "vengeful" - you made some BIG assumptions based on my using the term "go after". You need to be careful about judging others' comments by your own (low? ) standards.

My intention was to make the point that this family would be alive today (indeed the killer himself would actually be alive) if the court had done it's job properly.

Want to kill someone? - just figure out their driving patterns and drive into them at an intersection - even run a red light to do it if necessary - historically our idiot courts will fine you about $600 and suspend your licence for a while. Much cheaper than paying a professional hit man..
Posted by Spinner, Thursday, 25 March 2010 7:51:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy